JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

More reason to leave samsung?

(Topic created: 08-12-2020 10:29 AM)
userpgZMq6bDPu
Constellation
Options
Note20

I've been a long time owner of Samsung phones and I been thinking about going to a iPhone. I don't think it's fair that we spend a $1000 and/or more on a phone and then stop giving us major updates after 2 or 3 years. And now the note 20 ultra to me seems way too overpriced to me.

I've own a s4, s5, note 5, even a note 7 that I had to return for the s7 edge, and been on the note 8 since it's release date. I skipped the note 9 and 10 because the changes wasn't big enough to me. Anyone feel the same?

11 Replies
Solution
IronMaiden
Astronaut
Options
Note20
iPhones are very limited in features compared to Samsung phones
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Not to mention iPhone is a closed ecosystem which would feel constraining to Android. Apple tells you what you can and cannot do on there phones. Why the XCloud service isn't going to Apple because it violates there terms of service... there using software that can't be checked by Apple on there phone so you can't use it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
0 Likes
Pete6641
Asteroid
Options
Note20
If you are used to android going to iOS will be frustrating it can not do alot of the things you are used to, its a very basic smart phone very restrictive some apps you may use will be unavailable, i would suggest looking at other android devices before making the leap to an iPhone they are really overpriced for what you get, good luck
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

If you're leaving Samsung, going to Apple is going BACKWARDS. Consider, for example, the Note 20 Ultra. Yes, it's expensive at $1300, but I bought an iPhone 11 Promax for my daughter last year which was even more expensive, and the Note is vastly superior.

My advice, fwiw: stick to Android, if not Samsung. 

VRMB314
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just bought the S10 after using the S8 for the last 3 years. The S10 is horrible and I can't use Apps I was using on the S8. I won't miss Samsung when I switch over to Apple.
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

@VRMB314 wrote:
I just bought the S10 after using the S8 for the last 3 years. The S10 is horrible and I can't use Apps I was using on the S8. I won't miss Samsung when I switch over to Apple.

Good luck with that. You won't be using ANY apps you've been using on your S8. Which apps are they, BTW?

VRMB314
Asteroid
Options
Note20

You are absolutely correct. I will not be using any of the apps  I used on my S8 on Apple. I also am not using them on this S10. If I can't use them any way...might as well 'not ' use them on an Apple product.

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

@VRMB314 wrote:

You are absolutely correct. I will not be using any of the apps  I used on my S8 on Apple. I also am not using them on this S10. If I can't use them any way...might as well 'not ' use them on an Apple product.

None of your S8 apps work on your S10, huh? Forgive me, but that's impossible;  unless you bought a counterfeit S10. And I couldn't help notice you didn't name a single "problem" app. If you're going to troll, you're going to have to step your game up.

0 Likes
skylight
Astronaut
Options
Note20
hey if you like Samsung you can buy an iPhone or stay quiet because if we buy Samsung it's because we like it
0 Likes