JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multi Control stays on

(Topic created: 04-28-2023 03:40 PM)
userDzRsRAuWiJ
Constellation
Options
Note20
Under Connected Devices in my Settings the Multi Control tab is activated and when I switch it off it always seems to turn back on. I don't own a Galaxy book and I don't understand why it stays on. Help!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, There. 

I would recommend that the software is completely up-to-date on your device. If the symptoms are still persisting after trying the steps provided previously and everything is up-to-date.  Next, you can try to factory reset your phone to see if the symptoms subside - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the symptoms are still persisting after that. Please submit an error report to our engineers to look into this further. 

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern of the Multi Control setting not turning off.

Try clearing the cache partition of the phone from the recovery menu. We also suggest selecting the Repair Apps option while in the Recovery menu.

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

Please let us know if this helps.
0 Likes
Dan_72
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I tried this twice and it did not work. Any other ideas? 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, There. 

I would recommend that the software is completely up-to-date on your device. If the symptoms are still persisting after trying the steps provided previously and everything is up-to-date.  Next, you can try to factory reset your phone to see if the symptoms subside - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the symptoms are still persisting after that. Please submit an error report to our engineers to look into this further. 

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details

5. Change the Frequency, and send.