Original topic:

My Hotmail.com inbox has been EMPTY since 07/26/21 How do I fix this?

(Topic created: 08-19-2021 12:36 PM)
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Greetings, Samsung Note 20 (Ultra) Community. 

Again, please accept my apologies for this query.
I still, for some very nagging reason, am not receiving any email in my hotmail.com inbox on my Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra smartphone. 

I'm sure that GMAIL, is at the heart of this very aggravating disturbance. At this point, I know that NONE of the email that is addressed to me using my @Hotmail.com address, is showing up in my inbox.

Can someone in the Samsung Community, tell me where I can find a email guru that can help me clear this up?

Thanking you in advance.

Respectfully...

Walter D Wormack. 
10 Replies
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Note20
I am by no means an email guru and forgive me if someone has already asked you this before: are you using the Hotmail app or the website? And again forgive me if someone has already asked: does Hotmail have a sync setting and if so, have you enabled it?
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Here is a link to the official Microsoft outlook (hotmail) app on the google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en_US
0 Likes
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Hello, 1315dragonflies!
Thank you! Thank you! For your prompt response!
I remember that Microsoft, 'discontinued' "Hotmail", and started "Outlook". I have been using Hotmail, for more than THIRTY YEARS, (excuse the "all caps",)

I do remember that you had to turn/convert your Microsoft Hotmail account into a Microsoft Outlook account. You could keep your @Hotmail.com, email address, when you did this though.

Now, I really, REALLY, hope that I'm answering your question correctly here. I'm pretty sure that I'm using the website, and not the 'app'.
Now, as to 'syncing' my Hotmail, I try, very hard, to keep it 'synced', every day.
0 Likes
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Note20
Well, this is a puzzle... I apologize I do not have the answer for you.
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Well, 1315dragonflies, thank you, and je655, for your response to my inquiry. My problem seems to be that, I want my 'default' email, to be Microsoft Outlook, but for some agonizingly frustrating reason, Google's 'GMail', has 'inserted'/'inflicted' itself and become the only email I'll be allowed to receive. I really wish there was a illustrated step-by-step way to UNDO this 'hack' on my Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra.
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
So if your using a website (www.hotmail.com) what browser are you using? Or does the app your using have the same name as any of these in this picture?Screenshot_20210821-121539_One UI Home_62966.jpg
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Hello, je655!
Thank you, for sticking with me in my Neverending Quest, to RESTORE my @Hotmail.com email inbox input.

The 'Outlook' icon
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
So I would try logging in on a browser (chrome or Samsung internet) and checking if you can view newer emails on the website/browser www.hotmail.com
If you can see new emails on the website/browser then the outlook apk may be the issue and you could try uninstalling and downloading the app again from the play store.
If that doesn't work you might need a better guru to lead you through this problem...
WalterD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
@Je655 I tried the opening hotmail.com, approach. While I can see all of my email folders, I still don't know where the incoming email, that is addressed to me, that's being sent to my @Hotmail.com address is, going. Talk about "being dragged through a wormhole backwards!"
0 Likes