Original topic:

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G has corrupted my Pictures

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 01:08 PM)
userbc40S2n2MN
Constellation
Options
Note20

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G has corrupted my Pictures after taking Pictures 5 minutes Later they show in thumbnails but  when clicking on the image it is ghosted. I have gone through 2 SD cards a 1 terabyte a 256GB card.  I have lost so Many great pictures. The card shows there is something there but it does not open our allow me to open it on our off the phone!!!!! please help me recover my pictures our patch this software problem. I have been faithful to Samsung from the Omnia to the Notes 2,5,8.10 and now 20 Ultra. I need Samsung to stand by me like I have done with them.

0 Likes
2 Replies
linda1962
Astronaut
Options
Note20
You can forget Samsung standing by you or anyone. I would try backing it up to the cloud. Then see if all the pictures are there. If they are then re-download them to a computer and not the phone. Back up everything on the phone, then try a factory reset. Then put a brand new sd card in the phone and do a format of the SD card in the phone. If all good then try putting the pictures back on the phone.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I would suggest trying a couple of troubleshooting methods before submitting your device for repair/replace. First try clearing your gallery app's cache: open device settings>apps>gallery>storage> clear cache/data. Next try clearing the partition cache. This is a good method of clearing out software bugs that sometimes come with operating system and security updates. Here are the steps:https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g/wipe-cache/
The last step would be a factory reset which will require you to back up all of your data as your device will be reset to its original factory condition. If none of these steps help you should access the manufacturer warranty before it expires.
0 Likes