Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on the device since the recent update?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.