JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My volume keeps turning itself down

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 11:49 PM)
Options
Note20

The last few months I've been noticing an issue where if I have my phone speakers on max volume it'll turn itself down a few notches completely on its own. I keep checking settings and I don't have a volume limit enabled and I can't find anything else that would cause this issue. This never used to be a problem. I don't know if this is Samsung's unwarranted way of trying to "protect" my hearing or not. If it is, I'll have to stop purchasing Samsung phones. It's already bad enough that they don't allow you to set the screen timeout to never, and even worse when they override a 3rd party app that will let you keep your screen on for as long as you want.

Please tell me if there's a solution to any of this or if I should stop buying Samsung phones.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Note20
So, none of the suggested solutions have worked, but I may have stumbled upon one that does seem to work. Whenever I want to listen to my phone speakers at max volume, I make sure to tap the Overview button in the navigation bar and then tap 'close all.' I have yet to to notice the volume turn itself down after doing this. It's a little tedious to have to do this every time, and it definitely should be unnecessary, but at least it seems to be working.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Note20
Try clearing your system cache and restarting your device. If that doesn't work try putting your device into safe mode. If that fails it could be a problem with your volume button sticking
0 Likes
ZEROxMRK
Constellation
Options
Note20
I had this problem with my S9. The cause was from water, I would always use that phone in water, but It started off only doing it every now and then, but gradually got worse. Basically to the point where it acted as if the button was constantly being held down. If the phone died, it'd boot up into 'safe mode' and it'd take more than a few times to get it to boot normal. I took the actual volume button out of the phone, which kinda helped, because once I got it to stop making it turn my volume down and everything, the slightest touch on the button would start it again.
If you want to make sure your volume stays up tho, I think I used Bixby Routines or Routines+ from Good Lock on the galaxy store, and (if I can remember right, set it to where if the volume was below at a certain level, it would raise it back up. But I believe it is something that needs to be repaired, I tried everything, even clearing the system cache, and doing a factory reset.
Solution
Options
Note20
So, none of the suggested solutions have worked, but I may have stumbled upon one that does seem to work. Whenever I want to listen to my phone speakers at max volume, I make sure to tap the Overview button in the navigation bar and then tap 'close all.' I have yet to to notice the volume turn itself down after doing this. It's a little tedious to have to do this every time, and it definitely should be unnecessary, but at least it seems to be working.
xenokitty
Constellation
Options
Note20
It's the volume limiter they include for "safety" but you can turn it off... Unfortunately that doesn't fix anything because the phone keeps turning the volume down anyways. It's a known issue that has been going on for years and they won't fix it