cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NOTE 20 ULTRA BATTERY LIFE IS HORRIBLE

JUMP TO SOLUTION
C'mon Samsung.... For an EXPENSIVE phone with a seemingly good battery, why are most of us only getting 4-5 hours of battery life under normal conditions??? This phone is basically $1400 (with tax)! That's more than a lot of your big screen TVs. That's 4 months of car payments! That's a lot of freaking money. And we can't get more than 5 hours of battery life? I may just return it and keep my Note 9.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NOTE 20 ULTRA BATTERY LIFE IS HORRIBLE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, guys but I think I can help.  There may be some applications that you have running in the background that could be causing the battery to drain a little more than it should. 

I would recommend turning on the Adaptive battery option. The Adaptive battery option lets you limit the battery usage for apps that you don't use very often. By turning this feature on you'll also trigger the Adaptive Learning  feature on your phone. This feature, puts you in control of what works in the background while you use or don't use your device. Adaptive learning also learns your usage patterns and this helps to conserve the battery life of your phone.

You can find more on this by checking out this feature in your settings. Just go to Settings>Device Care>Battery > App Power Management > Adaptive Battery

Here's another helpful article that can help increase the battery life on any phone or tablet! : 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/#reduced-battery-life-on-a-samsung-pho... 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I checked mine with aida64 and it reports 3970mah and with cpuz 3980mah
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yoooo I thought I was the only one getting terrible battery life
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My battery life is also horrible! I traded in my Note 10+ for the Note 20 Ultra, worst mistake I've ever made on a phone purchase!
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, guys but I think I can help.  There may be some applications that you have running in the background that could be causing the battery to drain a little more than it should. 

I would recommend turning on the Adaptive battery option. The Adaptive battery option lets you limit the battery usage for apps that you don't use very often. By turning this feature on you'll also trigger the Adaptive Learning  feature on your phone. This feature, puts you in control of what works in the background while you use or don't use your device. Adaptive learning also learns your usage patterns and this helps to conserve the battery life of your phone.

You can find more on this by checking out this feature in your settings. Just go to Settings>Device Care>Battery > App Power Management > Adaptive Battery

Here's another helpful article that can help increase the battery life on any phone or tablet! : 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/#reduced-battery-life-on-a-samsung-pho... 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Re: NOTE 20 ULTRA BATTERY LIFE IS HORRIBLE

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a solution. How about stop installing pre-boated apps on Samsung phones?!
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MrJayP 

4-5 hours total run time or screen on time? I ran my phone for over 28 hours since yesterday, including over 5.5 hours of screen on time, and a stand by overnight test where it only dropped 5% in 9 hours and 16 minutes. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I set no background processes in developer options and soon as I close and go back it it goes right back to standard limit. why bother even having selection.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is the same way! got it over a week ago and battery life is a disaster already! Samsung either fix this issue or take your phone back!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20200918_132320.gifthis is how bad mine was... You know what solved it for me, samsung band selection app. It was searching for 5g all night, I don't have 5g in my area. T-mobile let's you pick, att doesn't have that option.