Original topic:

NOTE 20 WIFI ISSUES

(Topic created on: 12/28/20 8:10 PM)
Oyster_41
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I bought a brand new unlocked Note 20 and traded my Galaxy S8 2 weeks ago. I have never had these many issues with loosing wifi signals. I am constantly loosing connection every 10-15 minutes and it is very frustrating. I chatted with Samsung customer service this morning and according to them Samsung is not aware of any such issues. They even replied me saying that Samsugn has not received any complaitns with wifi connectivity issues for Note 20. Yes, I have tried restartign my device, router, modem and all the other basic things. Does anyone have real solution to this problem ? I have already started return process for this device but wondering if anyone can help me resolve it first. It's a shame Samsung is still having issue after so many generations of Galaxy devices. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Note20
check out the options for wifi in developer options

to enable:
goto about phone > software info > tap on build until the toast message says you've unlocked developer options..

be worry of what you enable and disable here though. research it if your not sure.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-11-changelog-full-list-all-50-new-features-0258964/ here are some tips.

like this response if I helps.

BTW I'm using SGN20U 5G and got no wifi issues.
0 Likes
userFFURw7rzo9
Constellation
Options
Note20
are you on a mesh network? my note 20 ultra was failing on my wifi6 mesh and my parents Google mesh until I saw the tip to turn off location. seems to have stabilized. I hope they fix it soon
0 Likes
Oyster_41
Asteroid
Options
Note20
You can't use Google location services for any apps . Also, if you loose your phone, you can't locate it with keeping location services off
0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

That's not true, you can still locate it as long other location services, wifi/data is still turned on. 

You only need to turn off "google location accuracy", leave everything else on.

0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Bring up settings

Scroll down to "Location"

Look for "Google Location Accuracy"

Turn off. 

This will solve the problem. It will causes apps like camera to be upset and want location accuarcy turned on, but it does still work. Google Maps will still work but throws similar messages. Basically it means the phone can't use GPS, Mobile Data and Wifi combined for location. But it can still use GPS on it's own, just might take a few seconds longer to locate you. 

There is nothing stopping you turning it back on when needed when out and about and turning it off when back home on wifi. 

I also recomend you submit a report on Samsung Members and telling them this is what you have to do to fix it. The more that does it, the more Samsung have to act. Also on review sites, don't give 5 star review for the phone, give less and detail the problem. The more public it is, again Samsung will have to fix.

0 Likes
userseqF5WL2IE
Constellation
Options
Note20
I can confirm that doing two things will resolve Wi-Fi issues. Number one, disable randomized MAC under the SSID advanced settings. Number two, disable Google location accuracy.
0 Likes
userIOsFfW59nB
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Did it work great at first?

This may sound weird...But try taking your phone case off, reboot THEN LEAVE THE CASE OFF. I had this problem for a long time. I went through all the hoops, even factory restored twice. I saw all the websites that stated issues with connection and Note 20. Most people, like me, state the phone worked great... and two weeks or a month later is stopped working or had connection issues... that's about the right amount of time to get a case and slap it on a phone. I had an otterbox.

0 Likes