Original topic:

Nearby share help

(Topic created on: 5/2/21 11:20 AM)
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

For years I'v been using USB or bluetooth to move files between my old note 8 and now my note 20 ultra. Tried wifi direct as suggested and nada. I just watched several videos on youtube of guys sending and receiving files to a pc with nearby share. 

I have both enabled on my phone/pc but neither will show the other. Am I missing something. Is there a more comprehensive video. TIA

0 Likes
14 Replies
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Note20
the fastest way is wifi direct. make sure wifi direct is on on both devices
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

Wifi direct is on in both PC and Phone neither one see's the other

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Note20
What is your pC brand and model? try other phone with the same PC. try other PC with your phone.
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

PC is a custom built, Asus mb, 5g wireless. Will have to find another pc and phone.  Thanks for trying though!

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Note20
try boot to recovery mode
wipe the cache
then repair app in the same menu
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

I usually do the cache and repair whenever the phone updates but did it anyway just now!

I get to the point where the phone says, "Tap to connect." I do that and it tries and then returns to Tap to connect. I feel I'm missing a step somewhere. should the PC respond or should I do something. Nearby sharing is on on the PC

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Can you connect to another phone? For test?
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

Ok. dug out my old note 8 and it connects to my note 20 via WIFI direct. However I don't know the next step. Example, send a photo from note 20 to note 8 as WIFI direct doesn't show under share.

Tried WIFI direct to PC and got the same results as note 20.

Almost there!!

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Use share button. Wifi direct option should be there
0 Likes