Original topic:

Nightmare Customer Service Experience

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 03:34 PM)
Options
Note20

I wanted to share a recent Customer Service experience with trying to have Samsung repair screen damage on my Note 20 and wondered if anyone else has encountered such issues with Samsung's customer service?

TLDR - Samsung offers me the $99 screen repair service under their promotion, then tells me that I'm not eligible for it when they have the phone at their repair center and send back an unrepaired device

Samsung had a promotion for a $99 screen repair the end of October. I tried to place an order online and it would not let me (given an error message that the device was already registered when entering my IMEI). I've had the phone for ~3-4 months, have never registered it on the Samsung website. I try logging into my Samsung account that is used on the device, and it does not appear in my account. So, I decide to reach out for support to try and get past this issue.

I spoke with Samsung live chat. They told me to call in for support and give me a phone number, because I could not complete the order online. I called in, was given 2 separate phone numbers to call by the agents I spoke with, and was transferred around several times.

Finally, I get someone that can take the order for me and tells me that I can get the $99 promotional price. She tells me this more than once, as I specifically remember going over the details of my screen damage and asking if that would still be covered under the $99. They create the order, tell me they've scheduled a pick up from UPS. The UPS driver never shows. The tracking info online shows there is no pick up scheduled. I drop off the phone for shipment instead.

2 weeks later, I get a call that the price for screen repair is $291. I call and ask why it's not $99 and am told that because I placed the order over the phone, it's not eligible for the $99 price. I explain that I couldn't make the order online, was told to call in the order, and the person on the phone told me I would still get the promotional price. The agent is only repeating the same thing that the order is not eligible for the $99 repair because I placed it over the phone instead of online.

I then speak with a manager, who tells me she sees the notes from the previous call that I was offered the $99 promotional price from the agent that set up my order over the phone after I was having trouble making the order online, but they STILL won't honor it because it was placed over the phone instead of online.

I submitted a BBB complaint and got a call this morning from Samsung, who is now telling me that the device was never eligible for the $99 promotional price because I "live in a remote area".

This was later recanted by the agent after some argument, stating that the area in I live had nothing to do with the promotion being denied, and it was because I made the order over the phone instead of online. I asked this agent to listen to the phone call from October 29th where I was told I would get the $99 promotional price, and call me back. He agreed, but has not contacted me since.

It is clear that during this conversation with the agent, he did not care to actually look at my case or history with Samsung support. He mentioned that "the repair is not covered under warranty" (I sent in the phone for their promotional screen repair, not warranty repair...)

I feel I was lied to by Samsung support and I feel I am STILL being lied to simply because they don't want to admit they made a mistake with this order. Nearly 3 weeks of time spent with this and they are sending me back an unrepaired phone. Through all of this, everyone I have spoken to keeps repeating that, because I made the order over the phone, it isn't eligible for the promotion... I keep explaining that I TRIED to order through their website, and only contacted support when I was unable to create the order due to an invalid error message provided by the website.

Any suggestions on what I might do?

9 Replies
SKLZWL
Comet
Options
Note20

I'd post this story on Twitter and tag all Samsung accounts. Over & over. They don't like when you take it to Twitter. Even tag google & android & apple. Blow these **bleep** up! I'll RT it if I see it. Good luck. They did some sucker **bleep** to me when I bought my Note20 Ultra but they fixed it after I tweeted about it. Idk if it was related but they did inbox me but by that time it was already resolved.

Options
Note20

Thanks! I followed your advice and posted to Twitter and got a response to direct message them... hopefully amounts to something!

0 Likes
StaceyMichelle
Constellation
Options
Note20
I feel that you can't get good customer service anymore. I think it is this new generation and they simply don't care. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I wouldn't stop here. I take it as far as you can.
Options
Note20

Thanks so much! Hopefully can get some sort of resolution (even an apology for their mistake would be better than what I've received so far...)

0 Likes
racedog
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've had really terrible experience with Sammy support. A little over a year ago we had an issue with a tv that was still under warranty. First they said they would send someone out to fix it, then they said they didn't have anyone close enough so they weren't going to fix it. After a few calls they changed theirind and said we could return it where we bought it (Bestbuy) and they would replace it. Best uy said that Sammy never contacted them about this tv. Them I was told they would not honor the warranty. After a few more very loud and nasty calls from me they said I would have to send the tv to them and they would fix it but no one could ever tell me where to send it. I had had it and I will admit to language and that I don't use regularly but I was beyond fed up. A couple more calls in which I no longer worried about being nice and they agreed to send me a new year model tv at no charge. The entire process fr beginning to end took almost four months.
Options
Note20

Wow sorry to hear! This situation has caused me to be more angry than I would like over the phone, so definitely understand your frustrations

0 Likes
Leify
Comet
Options
Note20
They have no customer service and a history of not even honoring their own warranty. This is sadly typical and I fully expect you to have this post deleted and censored and locked with a scripted response to call the same number again by some "representative".
Options
Note20

Thanks! I've screenshotted thankfully so if they do decide to censor I can include that with the Tweets I'm sending out 🙂

0 Likes
Leify
Comet
Options
Note20
Be sure to not accept their response to the BBB complaint as it's a total farce. They're going to make some ridiculous excuse and talk themselves up.
0 Likes