Original topic:

No July or August 2021 security patches

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 07:33 PM)
userwqbwkfk4xT
Constellation
Options
Note20
It's August 24, 2021 and have not received the July nor August 2021 security patches on my unlocked Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g (SM-N986U1) running on the T-Mobile network.  What gives? 
9 Replies
amygrady
Astronaut
Options
Note20
T-mobile customers of over 40 million have been comprised!!-
0 Likes
user81lKvA0DV8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I don't think it is if the phone is unlocked. Also I have a tablet that is wifi only, also stuck on June. To me this is a Samsung issue.
0 Likes
user81lKvA0DV8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
For the tablet absolutely.
0 Likes
user81lKvA0DV8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Also I bought the phone direct from Samsung and my expectation is that they will update the unlocked variant .. otherwise I would have bought the TMO version, so again yes I fault Samsung.
0 Likes
user81lKvA0DV8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
You seem to have the need to convince me, don't bother as you won't. I've been doing this a very long time..also still doesn't explain the tablet now does it ?
0 Likes
v4npro
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I updated it manually via Odin tool. Got tired of waiting.
user81lKvA0DV8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I considered that approach but I really just want my device to work without tinkering. Do you mind if I ask how difficult it was? I have done the whole rooting and alternate firmware years ago and typically use XDA as my guide.
0 Likes
v4npro
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Easy. First I have an unlocked version of the phone. In software information under 'service provider software version' at the end I have XAA. Go to sammobile website find the version update for you. Mine was USA carrier unknown. Download the firmware and Odin tool. I didn't loose data because for the csc part use the one that starts with 'home'. There is also a video on YouTube I followed from 'BredzPro'. Overall took around 10 mins.
0 Likes
userwqbwkfk4xT
Constellation
Options
Note20
UPDATE: Received the August 1st Security update today, August 30, 2021.
0 Likes