cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

No Screen Protector - Note 20 Ultra

I have never had a smart phone without a screen protector. For years the first thing I did when I pulled a new phone out of the box was put a screen protector on it. That was until Samsung started to install usable screen protectors at the factory. So when I got my Note 20 Ultra I thought it had this screen protector. I have recently noticed some light scratches so I was going to replace it, but come to find out, there is no protector. Those scratches are on the glass! Turns out the US version does not have the factory screen protector, and Samsung felt it unnecessary to advertise this! I am so angry. Part of the reason I changed my screen protector before setting up the phone model is because of the god awful ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I prefer a glass protector, but most glass protectors have an ugly circle in the middle of the screen. Worse than a scratch! So I thought Samsung's plastic protector was a good compromise. Well it is very obvious Samsung no longer cares about it's customers. I now have my most expensive phone ever and the first one to have scratches on the actual screen. My next phone will likely be an Apple. I despise Apple, but these cut corners are unacceptable. I am also floored by the overprocessing in the camera app that makes some pictures unusable. I only upgraded to the Note 20 because of the camera issues on my s20+. Wow Samsung. Just wow. I have had $200 LG phones that have made me happier than the lemons you are selling now. 
6 REPLIES 6
Nebula

Re: No Screen Protector - Note 20 Ultra

Wow... 2 questions for you. Can you tell me if the s20 plus has a plastic screen protector on it here in the US? I have always assumed that it does, but now after reading your post, I'm not sure.

Secondly, what was your problem with the s20 plus camera. Btw, I have an s20 plus phone. Thanks for any info!
Astronaut

Re: Re: No Screen Protector - Note 20 Ultra

My S20+ had a a pre-installed plastic screen protector. The S20 cameras have issues focusing because of the hardware. Samsung pushed some software updates that helped but it is an issue with the tech. The Note line added the laser autofocus to fix the issue. For me, it was most noticable when taking videos. The camera was constantly shifting focus even with a clear central subject. Hope this helps!
Constellation

the moment you realize Apple has never preinstalled screen protectors...
Astronaut

That is kind of my point. They never started and stopped without making it clear to consumers. Can't start pulling at corners to see if it is there because that would ruin one that is applied. my point is they should have made it very clear. Ultrasonic fingerprint sensors in the screen are garbage. Looks like apple has gone that route too, but I am hoping all companies move to a side sensor in the near future. Right on the power button like it used to be on many phones when the power button was on the back. Then we can go back to using full coverage tempered glass protectors without issues.
Constellation

For one, there's absolutely nothing lemon like about the Note 20 Series. You can easily put a liquid screen protector on the phone and safe guard it from any sort of scratches. I put it on the front and back on my Note 20 Ultra the day it arrived from Samsung, my phone is frequently in the same pocket as keys, not a scratch to be seen and I've had the phone since the day before it officially launched. The front is still perfect and the back looks like a mirror. The liquid screen protectors do not interfere in any way with the fingerprint sensor, mine is still 100% accurate 100% of the time. You complain about Samsung not putting a garbage plastic screen protector on the phone being shady yet talk about going to Apple, the shadiest company on the planet. Everything you do with Apple requires some over priced dongle or subscription. Their next set of phones won't even ship with a charger supposedly. Spend $25 online and protect your phone responsibly like the rest of us have done or just pay for the insurance through Samsung and get a new one if it gets too scratched up...

Astronaut

My point was Samsung is cutting corners and it is obvious. I do put screen protectors on my phones and have since discovering the lack of one. There is no arguing that the S20s had major camera faults, the Note 20 creates an abundance of artifacts in pictures, it did not come with headphones or a screen protector. Yes the factory screen protectors are cheap, but they are dustless and work with their ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I commented on this forum so that Samsung will take note that its consumers expect a higher standard for these prices. The Note 20 should be trumping performance of other phones and it doesn't. Thank you for your kind words though.