Original topic:

No Sim Card Detected - Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 8:20 PM)
Katie1080
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hey so randomly when I goto send a text or make a phone call my phone will say No Sim Card Detected, it won't allow me to send messages or make phone calls for a couple seconds then the service comes back and I'm fine for like 5 minutes then the text messages start failing to send and the process repeats. I haven't altered any settings I get 4 bars of service in my area never had this issue. I've restarted. The Sim card is only a couple months old, I took it out and put it back in and that didn't fix it. I have the Unlocked version with Verizon Sim. Any ideas other than resetting my phone would be most helpful! Thank you!
0 Likes
18 Replies
Options
Note20
are you using a Verizon variant on another service like straight talk? happened to me with my note 10+.
0 Likes
Katie1080
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am not
0 Likes
Options
Note20
hello, Katie, Something like that happened to me with a S8 plus, and turns out, the tray was broken, the Sprint tech had a replacement so it was not a big deal, he said could be that the plastic got hot and became brittle or the SD card moved while inserting it.
You can always go to Settings and softwar Update and PRL and profile.
0 Likes
Katie1080
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I couldn't find that settings path but I did check the sim and it visibly looked fine
0 Likes
Essmd716
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've had that with my unlocked Note 8 & ATT SIM, rarely, then took a screenshot to show either ATT or Samsung (in Best Buys) tech support, then not happened since (6mos ago). Not saying screenshot resolved, but happy not happened since.
Sorry no fix, but rec taking screenshot.

Now I have ?. Had, and still do have, every prior Note ever x 5,6 (yup, have a brick'd #7), hanging on to #8. Hate to give up HP Jack, but now it's time, either preowned Note #10, 20, or new S21 hoping a pen-supporting case is good.

Looking for input...
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
Go for Note20
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
I will suspect the SIM card not sitting well in the tray as well but if you have taken it out before, not sure why it continues to happen. Hopefully it's not a hardware defect. Ensure APN is set correctly and data is on though. It could also be an issue with the cell tower your phone is connected to. Work/upgrade to the tower does disrupt cellular services, including sending messages.
0 Likes
Katie1080
Astronaut
Options
Note20
how do I check/set the APN
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
settings >connections >Mobile networks >Access point names. Also check that network mode isn't just 4G since the phone supports 5G. If the SIM card came from a 4G only phone, please go get a new one. I know you said it's a couple months old.
0 Likes