JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No factory reset option

(Topic created: 03-28-2022 08:45 AM)
Options
Note20
I'm trying to reset my Galaxy note 20 ultra in order to send it back to a send it back to AT&T, but there is no option under general management to do a soft reset and when I tried to do a hard reset, there is no option for wipe phone/reset. Does anybody have experience with this, and would you be willing to share that experience with me please?
8 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Note20
Try holding volume up and power button at same time. That should bring up choices where to factory reset
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
That'll cause the FRP / Samsung account reset lock; which voids the trade-in credit
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I tried that, even took it to geek squad and they were unable to help. I unistalled Kaspersky from the phone and still unable to reset. And again I am trying everything,
1. AT&T
2. Geek Squad
3. Hard and Soft reset
4. Find my mobile - erase data
5. auto erase 15 times the wrong password
0 Likes
userqk8jwNtAF3
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi,

Did you get an answer? I have the exact same problem.

Could you help?

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I don't know if this helps but here's 2 pics I took from general management scroll down to reset click on rest then scroll to factory reset I hope this helpsScreenshot_20220326-045606_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220326-045643_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

FRP and samsung account lock won't happen if you delete the account >5min prior to factory resetting from vol.up + power key (recovery mode) 

if you want... you can submit error report to samsung members app > get help > error report   after reproducing the issue.

users94pu9a5GU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Samsung Factory Reset

1. Settings -> General management -> Reset -> Factory data reset

Factory data reset "will erase all data, including files and downloaded apps"

Generic Android Factory Reset steps:

1. Turn off phone if it isn't already

2. Hold Volume Up + Power button until Samsung logo pops up and release. note: make sure its volume UP.

3. Using the volume buttons, navigate to "Wipe data/factory reset". Use power button to select the option and whatever else it asks of you.

I think this might work with all current android phones and not just Samsung's, but not  100% positive.

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I had to take mine to Samsung Repair. They used their software to reset the phone
0 Likes