Original topic:

Not Receiving Group Messages

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 09:57 AM)
Mudman
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I got my Note20 in May of 2020. Before that, I had an S10. No issues on my S10. The Note20 though has this issue where when I start getting flooded with group messages, none of them get received. The generic message instead goes to the individual contact's conversation and tries to download the message, which it's unable to do. It takes about 15 minutes to fix itself. 

I've tried putting my phone on airplane mode, force stopping the messages app, clearing its cache, restarting the phone, force stopping again, clearing cache again, exiting airplane mode and then manually downloading the messages but 9/10 times it doesn't do anything.

Has anyone had this problem? Any working solutions? Pics attached better explain the problem

0 Likes
4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be to see all these individual messages. Are you using an Unlocked Note 20 or a carrier locked Note 20?

Also do you have group messaging toggled on in your text message settings? Give this link a try for more information: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090223/

0 Likes
Mudman
Astronaut
Options
Note20
believe it is carrier locked to Verizon. And I do have group messaging toggled on. The issue appears at random points. There's no recognizable trigger or pattern
0 Likes
Mudman
Astronaut
Options
Note20
3 days in a row now I have had this issue. It's incredibly frustrating
0 Likes
TamekoJ
Constellation
Options
Note20
I too had jad this issue eith my Note20 Ultra. This happened for 4 weeks straight and I almost bought a whole new phone. Glad to know I'm not the only one.