JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Not Receiving Phone Calls

(Topic created: 09-08-2020 09:46 PM)
Ssnake28
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
So I pre-ordered the Note 20 Ultra, t-mobile version and was having problems with dropped calls and receiving calls. I talked to t-mobile about it for weeks and they updated my sim card twice without fixing the issue. I finally got Samsung to send me a new phone because I figured it was a defective device. I booted up the new phone without restoring any data or changing any settings.  Just threw my sim card in and started calling it with my wife's phone. Calls went through every time no problem.  Then I got a notification that there was a system update to do so I installed the latest update. I tried calling it again after the update and now no calls are going through! So basically,  the August update turned my $1300 "phone" into an expensive toy that can't do basic phone functions.  I'm very frustrated and am hoping the September update fixes the problem when it rolls out... Anyone else have other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I understand how frustrating this is.  Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get the phone working again for those calls. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/  If the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting steps. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

13 Replies
PrettyPiercings
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
yeah since that update, my texts have failed alot and when my texts fail, my calls don't work either. makes no sense.
userc6StCmdtW4
Constellation
Options
Note20

Don't know if I had the same problem before the update but I do now... Can't make or receive phone calls from time to time, no Internet connection, no nothing. The phone is useless and I'm in need of WiFi to use it properly 

ougirl
Astronaut
Options
Note20
i am having the same issues. note 20 has been dropping calls, texts do not go through, i get these long periods of 5 or 6 seconds of no signal when in the middle of a call missing half the conversation. so frustrating.
R3sp3ct801
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Me too, ok the phone with Samsungs tech support to see what's going on. This is getting ridiculous.
0 Likes
R3sp3ct801
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Same here. On tmobile network
0 Likes
2BLESSED2BS
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Me too and for two hours I missed about 10 calls while the phone was beside me.  I am not a happy camper  and it doesn't show no missed calls. What's up with this phone cause it cost waaaay too much $$$. 

0 Likes
Th3Abb5ter
Astronaut
Options
Note20
right.
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Have you tried resetting your network settings on your phone?

Does this issue still continue to happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Have you tried swapping out your sim card?

Have you tried reaching out to your service provider?

0 Likes
Ricand
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I already did all that stuff still having same issue
0 Likes