Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.
If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 3 w/ Android 11! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 11 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 3 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?
The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.
Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:
- The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
- The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs and possibly not so good battery life.
- Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
- Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.
Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?
- Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra users on unlocked firmware
- Unlocked users (U1 devices purchased directly from Samsung; Any carrier is supported on unlocked firmware.)
Current Beta versions:
- ZTK9 (Public Beta 3)
Older Beta versions:
- ZTK1 (Public Beta 2)
- ZTJG (Public Beta 1)
- Apps the rely on Safety Net will not be supported via Google Play Store. (Example: Google Pay, Netflix & Disney+)
- Open the Samsung Members app
- Press the OneUI beta banner
- Press the enroll button
- Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates
Picture reference available in spoiler below:
How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?
- Open your app drawer and open the Samsung Members app (pictured above)
- FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
- FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.
*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE
To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:
- Open the Samsung Members app
- Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
- Press the "One UI Beta Program status" button
- Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
- Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.
To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)
- Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
- Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
- Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
- Under your device details, you should see a downgrade button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click downgrade and follow the prompts.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Solved! Go to Solution.
What happened with the beta update they said it would be in the members app it's not I kept trying no dice. I think someone is lying through their teeth can't depend on samsung.