Original topic:

Note 20 5G fingerprint scanner

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 01:15 PM)
DAPT
Constellation
Options
Note20
WHY does my note 20 5g let me set my fingerprint but never and I mean not one time since I've owned the phone has this function worked? Anyone else? My lady has the same phone and same issue !!! Pissed off Note owner....
7 Replies
poky3210
Comet
Options
Note20
You should have brought it back as soon as you noticed you were having a problem. I would say to go into the settings menu and go into the fingerprint menu and delete all of your fingerprints. Then add your fingerprints back into the phone remember to add more than one fingerprint you can add the same one multiple times but add more than one, make sure you finish the process . Than try it if it still doesn't work I would bring it back to where you bought it and tell them to fix it or replace it hopefully it's within the one year mark so it's still free
0 Likes
usersRgp16u0I4
Constellation
Options
Note20
I Have The Same Problem, Have To Keep Update My Fingerprint For It To Only Work A Couple Times,Then Quit.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Note20

remove current fingerprints and add new ones. also, enable touch sensitivity.

have you checked it in safe mode?

or submit an error report via samsung members app if you think it's a sofware issue. 

0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Note20
Are you using a screen protector? Mine never worked until I removed my fingerprint and re-added it.
0 Likes
NickS25
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I had to factory reset my phone because when I first got mine it wouldn't accept my finger print at all either, then after doing so it works like a charm
0 Likes
Note20userglb
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Always works for me unless I have been gardening or other messy tasks. A clean finger is a must.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I can see how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend that you try these troubleshooting steps here.

0 Likes