Original topic:

Note 20 5g uses mobile data when on wifi even when "switch to mobile data when wifi is weak" is off

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 5:44 AM)
lexdel
Constellation
Options
Note20

Help. My Note 20 5g uses mobile data when on wifi even when "switch to mobile data when wifi is weak" is turned off. This month I noticed a sharp increase in data usage, more than I have ever had, resulting in a data overage for my plan, even though I have not changed my data usage habits. I have always had significant rollover to the next month.

This month, even when I am home, my phone uses mobile data, even when connected to wifi, even though I have that feature off. 

I cannot imagine that I have to manually turn mobile data off every time I am connected to wifi. There has to be a way for me to tell the phone to use only wifi when it is available automatically.

I have seen the solutions how to get to advanced wifi settings and turn "switch to mobile data," "use mobile data whenever your wifi internet connection is slow or unstable." I have that already turned off, yet it still consumes data like a horse eating hay. I also checked to make sure no apps were individually authorized to activate the feature.

Help me out here...anyone else experience this or have a solution? I would hate to have to reset my phone. 

0 Likes
0 Replies