JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Bricked?

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 6:50 AM)
PlanEffortless
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have a Note 20, unlocked version, that I've had for about 6 days. Last night, it did a Google update. After the update, I plugged it in to charge and went to bed.

This morning, the screen wouldn't turn on. Couldn't get it to do anything. Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried holding power and vol down keys, nothing. Tried 20 different things, i can't even get it to power on. I've had it plugged into a working charger for the last hour - nothing. It wont do ANYTHING. It's never been dropped, never exposed to water, it's brand new, and won't do ANYTHING.

I was intending to factory reset it today to return to Samsung (aleady submitted it for a return - decided I want the S21 Ultra instead.) But now it wont even turn on for me to reset it.  Any help???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PlanEffortless
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thanks everyone. I wound up talking to customer care and explained that I wanted to return it, and that it no longer powered on. I was still inside the return period, so I just shipped it back as is.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
call Samsung to see where you can take it
0 Likes
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
also sign into your Samsung account from another device to wipe your Note
0 Likes
Options
Note20
If you're in The States take it to UBreakIfix to see if they can help.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I recommend what Belaythatorder has said, you have the option for walk-in services with uBreakiFix in your area. They are an authorized service center for Samsung who completes both in and out of warranty services. You can find contact information for the center nearest you using this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
PlanEffortless
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thanks everyone. I wound up talking to customer care and explained that I wanted to return it, and that it no longer powered on. I was still inside the return period, so I just shipped it back as is.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

That's great news, I'm glad they accepted it as-is for you. Let us know if you have further questions or concerns! ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes