Good afternoon everyone!
I have a Note 20, and as of yesterday, the Home Launcher will not stick to the default. It continuously asks me what launcher I'd like to use (Nova, One UI Home, Microsoft Launcher) - I have cleared the cache on the programs, cleared the partition cache, and attempted to set the default through settings, it just won't "stick"
If anyone has thoughts, I'd love the help! Appreciate all this community does!
you could submit error report to Samsung Members > Get Help > Error Report when you see the message asking again.
surely the samsung engineers can help figure out what is causing the launcher to stick.
Good afternoon, thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to repeatedly be asked about a setting. I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
- When the Samsung logo displays, release the Side key but continue holding Volume Up.
- When the Android Recovery screen appears, release Volume Up.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.