cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Heating issue when in multi-window and poor battery life

that doesn't make sense either because the normal note 20 has a decently big battery with a 60hz screen it should last all day! I'm pretty sure the software is causing some drain
Highlighted

Re: Heating issue when in multi-window and poor battery life

have you reported this on samsung members? Error reports -> select the category

Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 20 Ultra heat problem

Is everyone else having the  same heat issue? I bought mine the same day it came out and I'm having issues. The battery doesn't heat up, what heats up is the CPU. It goes between 40 to 60 celsius mostly of the time. Top screen gets really hot, I always have the AC on in my house or car there is no way my CPU shouldnt get hot at all. I have only charged the phone 4 times since I got it and everytime I charge it the phone heats up so bad. It was 103 F at one point in a room that is 70 degrees F. Did I get a defective phone? Mine was an unlocked phone from Vietnam, im not sure if the Korean version has the same issues or just the Vietnam. Igot mine at best buy california. I know when a phone heats up all the time it can hurt the other components. Also when I connect my android auto the phone heats up a lot too. 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 20 Ultra Overheating and Battery drainage (gets super hot doing simple tasks)..

Hello Samsung Corporate and Samsung Users, 

So I bought Two Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked for me and my sister at a full retail price of $2779 at BestBuy.com  ... I have a feeling this phone is going to be another Note 7 disaster.. i hope i am wrong...

its been 4 days i have this phone since the launch date.. Let me tell you.. Phone is getting super crazy hot doing simple tasks and its very uncomfortable in my hands... battery is lasting me only 4-5 hours.. and its getting dangerously hot while charging on a Samsung 15W wireless charger..

i am using chrome browser for 5mins, it gets super hot.. i use camera for 5 mins, it gets hot.. i use s pen, it gets hot.. i use mobil hotspot, it gets hot.. i use youtube, it gets really warm and finally i am making a call, it gets super hot.. and ofcourse battery is draining like no other.. just like how Note 7 act up back in 2016..  It's so hot that I cannot even hold my phone.. and my sister phone is doing the same exact thing.. Now I have disabled/uninstall every bloatware and unnecessary samsung apps and other apps so my battery won't use up a lot but it made NO diffreence whatsoever...

what do i do... Best Buy is refusing to return.. I paid full retail price for both the Note 20 Ultra.. Best Buy guy told me that it might be another Note 7 nightmare over again.. Best Buy want to charge me $100 to return.. This is not fair.. totaly not fair..

I researched about this issue on Google a lot and mensxp.. and I found an article on mensxp.com and they said Note 20 Ultra is missing cooling Vapor Chamber and Copper Pipes  behind their camera bump which making the phone very hot and draining battery..

<edit>

Please Samsung help me out here.. It's a humble request.. I am going to try to return these two phone at a different Best Buy Tomorrow and if they won't honor than I am stuck with these and $2779 hard earned money I spent will go down the drain..

So Please Samsung help me out here....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 20 Ultra Overheating and Battery drainage (gets super hot doing simple tasks)..

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model numbers and IMEIs in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 20 Ultra Overheating and Battery drainage (gets super hot doing simple tasks)..

Hi Mod,

I think Samsung must has Mod/Represent for each post in this forum and feedback quickly to Samsung company if has any issue of phone/product.
I would like to say the suport of Samsung in this forum is very bad. Samsung is the root cause of many problems but they don't care/don't join to solve raised issues here.

Highlighted
Constellation

I ordered my wife ,myself, my mother and my father all unlocked note 20 ultras. The only person having issues is my father. It won't hold a charge and runs extremely hot. Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra Overheating and battery drain

I noticed when charging the Note 20 ultra the phone gets hot. Even when it's at 100% it stays hot. I leave my phone charging overnight on a wireless pad and in the morning the phone is hot.  I also noticed the battery drains a lot faster than my S10 did. Any fix to this?
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Note 20 Ultra Overheating and battery drain

@useraB4Pz1bTjA wrote:
I noticed when charging the Note 20 ultra the phone gets hot. Even when it's at 100% it stays hot. I leave my phone charging overnight on a wireless pad and in the morning the phone is hot.  I also noticed the battery drains a lot faster than my S10 did. Any fix to this?

Don't leave your Phone on the charging Pad over night!!! If you want good health of N20U Battery then only charge when Battery Level down to 30/40% then charged to 70/75% also to save Battery use Medium power saver which Limit the CPU to 70% only and put Non frequent use Apps to sleep.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 20 Ultra Overheating and battery drain

the battery life on this phone is proving to be an issue so it's not just something your experiencing. battery drain is ridiculous on the note 20 ultra