cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

[Note 20] Security policy prevents use of Camera.

I pre-ordered my Note 20 and have been using it since they shipped it out. I never had a problem with using the camera app, in fact, it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Today, however.. I played a little bit of Pokemon Go during lunch then about 15-30 minutes later, I tried to open up my Camera app. This is the built in / downloaded from Samsung store Camera app. But when I try to open it, I get the popup message "Security Policy prevents use of Camera". At this point, i have tried all types of suggestions, such as: opening and closing app, restarting device, wiping device cache partition, forcing stopping the app and rebooting. All of which has done nothing to fix this issue. I really don't want to Factory Data Reset my device if there's a different solution to this. Could someone please help?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sun

Re: [Note 20] Security policy prevents use of Camera.

Go to Settings, More, Applications Manager, and tap the All tab. Scroll down and tap on Security Policy Update. Press Force Quit. Press Clear Data. hope this helps
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: [Note 20] Security policy prevents use of Camera.

There is no "Security Policy Update" under apps. Could it be under a different name?
Highlighted
Sun

Re: [Note 20] Security policy prevents use of Camera.

ok settings, biometrics and security scroll to other security settings and look for and disable security policy updates. see if that works.
Highlighted
Constellation

I tried what you said and restarted my device.. doesn't look like it did anything. I still get the error pop up
Highlighted
Constellation

Hey turn on developer mode and search for sensors after that...turn those on and u may solve your problem 

Highlighted
Constellation

If you don't find that then try looking for quick settings developer tiles...turn on sensors and then pull down the notifications panel 

After u get there u have to switch off "turn off sensors"

That will fix it

Highlighted
Astronaut

You are correct; that is the problem some users may have set-up the Quick Panel button to switch the sensors' off or on,  which was recommended by a YouTuber. When created, the controller button is in the top left corner of the first page, easily activated accidentally. 

The recommendation is to move this button to page 2 or 3.