JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 T Mobile

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 02:53 PM)
userVhwvVVtCEd
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have had problems with this Note 20 for a year now, in regards to phone calls and texts. Mostly calls are dropped or I can't hear the other person but the call is connected. Sometimes the other party can't hear me but I hear them.. this happens at least 3 to 6 times almost every other day! It can be on wifi calling or using mobile network it really doesn't matter. I have updated the sim card, sent the Note 20 to Samsung but the problem persists. Will the issue ever be resolved, anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it's the Samsung or the mobile carrier..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Based off the issue you're experiencing these are all carrier issues. The only troubleshooting step we could suggest would be to factory reset the phone. I recommend that you get back in contact with your service provider and escalate the issue with them to resolve this issue. 

View solution in context

10 Replies
userz7bUhmaOnj
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes, I have to say I had that issuse, as soon as samsung gave me a good trade-in for the N21, I took it a traded it in. Sorry but I was never able to get it resolved. I've had no issues with the N20 5G +
MzLadyBugRose26
Astronaut
Options
Note20
The ten as much as I can't stand it cuz of its size it is actually a very good fon n very fast too
vovo2013
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have the same issue. I am trading this note 20 and getting the z flip 3 lavender one. I also dealt with drop calls as well. Kind of weird when talking to myself and I am like hello... hello
KAVnote20disaster
Astronaut
Options
Note20
New note 20 June 27. 2021. Worst phone ever. Hit & miss call connecting, being dropped, text fail, messages not hooked to a network, only 911 calls, SIM not activated messages, Bluetooth can't find anything, got a replacement note 20, Sept 20, same issues. I'm calling T-Mobile 3, 4,5 times a week. I have been reset, tweeked, have a signal booster in house ...... My daughter's new A21 doesn't have any of these issues. I can't make a call but she can, my text fails,fails, goes right thru.. I AM DONE WITH NOTE 20!!!!
userVhwvVVtCEd
Constellation
Options
Note20
Wow, I feel you I am selling this one this weekend..
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone? Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode? Have you tried swapping out your sim card?

KAVnote20disaster
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I talk with Tmobile tech & customer support 1, 2, 3 times a week. Done it all & including replacing my 2.5 month old phone with a "like new" phone. Replaced sim in old phone, did reset, software patch or upgrade ..... on & on. I can't remember all of the stuff they have done. 9-29, I spent most of the morning with a tech doing a bunch of new software stuff. But 5 hrs later, text failed & back on the failure roller-coaster. I'm 69 yrs old & I am not technically hip. Since June 27, 2021, I have tried more than I can recall at least twice. My J7 didn't do any if this stuff.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I can see how this is frustrating. Are you experiencing this issue with other apps like what's app or FB messenger? Does this still happen in safe mode?

KAVnote20disaster
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Tmobile put me thru all kinds of modes, wifi on & off, 4G, 5G, I will bet a fresh donut that safe was tried. I'm sure I have had 1 on 1 help/reset, ..... with 20 phone techs. I am sure safe mode was in there. They had me make glitch/failure logs. 15% of the time it is painfully slow to get to a website & sometimes quits trying. By far,not connecting for a phone call, text w/wo pics, are the BIGGEST ongoing, never resolving failures. Why have a phone & network if it stops you from COMMUNICATING??? 14 weeks of information failures over & over,I want to be freed of this exercise in frustration. When do I stop spending all this time trying to get I to fixed? I'm sorry, you are only trying to help me & I guess I'm madder than I knew. I'll take a break & maybe try again. Thank you.