cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra 5G Camera/Camera App freezing.

I've had my Note 20 Ultra since early September, unlocked version purchased directly from Samsung on Verizon's network. Lately I've been noticing the camera will freeze up. I just have noticed it a few times when unlocking the phone I'll get just a black screen for a while. I've finally figured out it's the camera app being shown. When this happens, the camera app will show either a completely black screen with nothing on it, or a black screen with camera controls at the bottom that don't work, but none of the UI elements at the top of the app. Force closing the camera app has no impact. If I leave the app open long enough, it eventually closes on it's own. Sometimes it will give the error "you cannot use more than one application that uses the camera at one time."

It does this without using any other camera apps. I suppose it could be something with Snapchat, but I'm not sure. Force closing both does not help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G Camera/Camera App freezing.

Try booting into safe mode to see if it happens there as well. If it doesn't then one of your apps is interfering with the camera from there reboot the phone into regular mode see what apps have permissions for the camera and disable one at a time to see if you can isolate which one is causing the issue. I haven't seen this issue with anyone else so it's most likely an app causing the problem
Highlighted
Constellation

I agree with you its likely another app. I just went through and disabled camera access to everything except for system apps and ones that are otherwise required for proper functioning. I'll see how it goes.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G Camera/Camera App freezing.

By doing it that way you're not going to find the cause so you can tell the app owner the issue so it gets fixed
Highlighted
Constellation

I honestly don't have time to mess with as its only done it 3 times in the past week. the only apps I actively use the camera for is the built in camera app, snapchat, zoom, and duo. now on rare occasions I use things like USAA mobile check deposit. I'm actually interested to see how long I go before I get an app requesting to use the camera.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra 5G Camera/Camera App freezing.

just a follow up, after disabling all camera permissions except system required ones, and social media that I regularly use, I've not had any lockups. I wish I had the time to go through them one by one, but there were lots of apps with that permission, and many I'm not sure why they needed that permission in the first place (legit apps, not obscure ones).
Highlighted
Asteroid

my 20pluse does is always freezing