Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked from Samsung-MOBILE HOTSPOT-Update N986U1UE2DUCB/N986U10YM2DUCB/N986U1UEU2

(Topic created on: 4/20/21 1:03 PM)
Ticksaladsoup
Asteroid
Options
Note20

11JUN2021UPDATE--

Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked purchased from Samsung on Verizon network.

Security patch level: June 1, 2021

Updated to N986U1UES2DUE1/ N986U1OYM2DUE1/N986U1UES2DUE1

Another security update was sent out  as noted above.

I installed the update and continued to have the broken hotspot issue where  when trying to turn on the Hotspot, I continue to receive the message "Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

As a last ditch effort with the new patch in place, I figured I had nothing else to lose after 2+ months of no hotspot when I needed it, I completely reset the phone and all the settings and finished up with "Factory data reset".

I am no longer having the hotspot issues I had previously .

Samsung did nothing to help me and just let me struggle.

This struggle is definitely noted by me, and will be a huge consideration for my next upgrade choice.

28MAY2021 UPDATE--

Updated to N986U1UEU2DUDD/N986U1OYM2DUDD/N986U1UEU2DUDD

Security patch level: May 1, 2021

I installed this latest patch and it did not correct the broken hotspot issue as noted in my original post.

I've found prior to this, that I can turn on the hotspot sometimes and connect, and at other times I cannot. I have not been able to pinpoint the reason for it working sometimes and not others. Also tried the other suggestions posted and installed the "mobile hotspot manager" app as suggested in another post as well. No luck getting the hotspot to work correctly as it did prior to the April 1, 2021 security patch update install.

As of right now, when trying to turn on the Hotspot, I continue to receive the message "Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

Updated to N986U1UE2DUCB/N986U10YM2DUCB/N986U1UEU2DUCB

Security patch level: April 1, 2021

Mobile hotspot worked a day prior to this update and now no longer works and when trying to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I receive the message:

"Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

I must click OK to clear the message and the mobile hotspot is not activated.

I have confirmed my plan is active for any of this activity and as noted, it worked the day prior to this update with no complications. I worked with Verizon over 6 hours via phone and in person and went as far as replacing the SIM card. This is not a Verizon issue as the phone is not even a Verizon locked phone. It was purchased from Samsung unlocked. Samsung was of no help at all via phone or chat and advised ne to take it to UBREAKIFIX store to have it looked at. 

Anyone with a similar issue? Please advise if you have the same issue and/or if you have a resolution.

Thanks.

12 Replies
userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have the exact same issue, but my provider is AT&T.  It worked before the update and does not work now.  Put my sim back in my Note 10 and the hotspot worked on the Note 10.

useroRzPGsrDNe
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue since yesterday after the latest software update, I'm using an unlocked Note 20 ultra on AT&T.
Samsung is taking this way too far.

EDIT: This may sound weird, but I fixed this just by removing my SIM and then putting it back in (all while the phone was ON) Please let me know if this works for any of you, Thanks.
userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Unfortunately didn't work for me.  I did get a warning to restart the phone from an unsafe removal  of SD card so I tried it before the restart and after (two different Sim remove and replace operations) but still getting the same error.  Really wish it would have worked.

Anyone else have any ideas.

0 Likes
userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Can whoever marked this thread as solved, please unmark it or mark it as unsolved?  This is really important for some of us that live in rural areas and the only internet we get is through our cell phone hotspots.  I can still use the internet on my phone, but only about 10 percent of what I need to do to make a living is able to be done on a cell phone.  I NEED my hotspot to work.  I don't have time to go through a factory reset and re-set up all my apps, etc.  I keep seeing suggestions to use Odin to flash the phone back to previous update, but I don't really want to turn my new phone into a brick if it doesn't go perfectly.  Please help!

0 Likes
Ticksaladsoup
Asteroid
Options
Note20

~

userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks!!!  I'm new to the forum, so I didn't know how the "solved" marking works and didn't intend to cause any problems.  I hope someone does find a solution, but I think we have the same problem and logic tells me its a result of something in the April update since it was the only change on my phone.   

Are you planning to do a factory reset and rebuild from scratch?

0 Likes
userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I look forward to hearing about your progress.  I contacted another person on this forum that had previously had an update break the hotspot (wrong AT&T APN config downloaded) to warn them not to allow the update, but unfortunately they had already gotten the update and they are also not able to turn on their hotspot since.  I did sendi an error report from my phone last night, so we'll see if I even get a response.

0 Likes
useroRzPGsrDNe
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Good news! I found a new workaround for this issue.

Download the  "mobile hotspot manager" app from google play store and you can use it to turn on hotspot.

(I think there's only one app with this exact name, so make sure you download the correct one, I'm not sure if it's ok to post links here, let me know if it's ok to post the play store link)

Please let me know if this works for you guys.

userhhWl5STThi
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you! It works for me too. Now if we can just get Samsung to realize it's not a "carrier problem". It's weird how the app can turn it on, and when you go to settings you can see that its on and can turn it off from settings, but it still gives me that message blaming it on the carrier when you try to turn it on from settings.