Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked from Samsung-MOBILE HOTSPOT-Update N986U1UE2DUCB/N986U10YM2DUCB/N986U1UEU2

(Topic created: 04-20-2021 01:03 PM)
Ticksaladsoup
Asteroid
Options
Note20

11JUN2021UPDATE--

Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked purchased from Samsung on Verizon network.

Security patch level: June 1, 2021

Updated to N986U1UES2DUE1/ N986U1OYM2DUE1/N986U1UES2DUE1

Another security update was sent out  as noted above.

I installed the update and continued to have the broken hotspot issue where  when trying to turn on the Hotspot, I continue to receive the message "Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

As a last ditch effort with the new patch in place, I figured I had nothing else to lose after 2+ months of no hotspot when I needed it, I completely reset the phone and all the settings and finished up with "Factory data reset".

I am no longer having the hotspot issues I had previously .

Samsung did nothing to help me and just let me struggle.

This struggle is definitely noted by me, and will be a huge consideration for my next upgrade choice.

28MAY2021 UPDATE--

Updated to N986U1UEU2DUDD/N986U1OYM2DUDD/N986U1UEU2DUDD

Security patch level: May 1, 2021

I installed this latest patch and it did not correct the broken hotspot issue as noted in my original post.

I've found prior to this, that I can turn on the hotspot sometimes and connect, and at other times I cannot. I have not been able to pinpoint the reason for it working sometimes and not others. Also tried the other suggestions posted and installed the "mobile hotspot manager" app as suggested in another post as well. No luck getting the hotspot to work correctly as it did prior to the April 1, 2021 security patch update install.

As of right now, when trying to turn on the Hotspot, I continue to receive the message "Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

Updated to N986U1UE2DUCB/N986U10YM2DUCB/N986U1UEU2DUCB

Security patch level: April 1, 2021

Mobile hotspot worked a day prior to this update and now no longer works and when trying to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I receive the message:

"Mobile Hotspot Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

I must click OK to clear the message and the mobile hotspot is not activated.

I have confirmed my plan is active for any of this activity and as noted, it worked the day prior to this update with no complications. I worked with Verizon over 6 hours via phone and in person and went as far as replacing the SIM card. This is not a Verizon issue as the phone is not even a Verizon locked phone. It was purchased from Samsung unlocked. Samsung was of no help at all via phone or chat and advised ne to take it to UBREAKIFIX store to have it looked at. 

Anyone with a similar issue? Please advise if you have the same issue and/or if you have a resolution.

Thanks.

12 Replies
userxdGTFRoaoi
Astronaut
Options
Note20

thank you for the temporary solution!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for sharing.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
walla33333
Astronaut
Options
Note20
How can I check content of person using my hotspot?
0 Likes