Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G and Google assistant

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 05:35 PM)
DaUrge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I'm not having much luck with Google Assistant responding to my audio commands.
Half the time it doesn't respond.

And when I get a new text and I ask it to read my latest text message, it says "sorry there aren't any new messages." But there are.

Am I alone with this?

Thanks.

12 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Check Google assistant permissions
0 Likes
DaUrge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've done that. No difference. It works sometimes and sometimes, most of the time, it doesn't.
0 Likes
JWG82
Halo
Options
Note20
I'm experiencing same issue, thought was google being stupid, or microphone issue, but tested by saying "hey bixby" and got immediate response. So I am not sure where the problem is.
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties with the microphone and Google Assistant. There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working. Other times, you may hear a crackling noise, or sounds may be unclear in your recordings if the microphone is having problems. try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
DaUrge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
None of these helped. I had one of your techs connect to my phone and it worked temporarily. It never seems to work when I'm driving and really need it.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend trying to clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
0 Likes
DaUrge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thanks. No change. It's not working at all now.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when software doesn't function as expected. I would recommend trying to re-train the voice model for your Google Assistant.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DaUrge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Did that and it works intermittently. Very frustrating.
0 Likes