Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties with the microphone and Google Assistant. There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working. Other times, you may hear a crackling noise, or sounds may be unclear in your recordings if the microphone is having problems. try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/
Please let me know if this helps.
I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend trying to clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.
Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when software doesn't function as expected. I would recommend trying to re-train the voice model for your Google Assistant.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.