JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G camera keeps opening up on its own about every 5 mins

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 10:13 AM)
Samsung_7sOjPT6
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I've had this phone now for about 3 weeks. Yesterday, the camera started opening up on its own about every 5 mins. I have gone thru all the setting/permissions I can think of trying to solve the issue. If i'm using the phone the camera will open up over whatever ap I'm using, or if the phone is setting idle the camera will open up. Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

17 Replies
anmolshah03
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
probably some app has the camera permission and is opening it up every 5 mins
0 Likes
userRiK5o0dvEM
Astronaut
Options
Note20

My phone is doing this also.  Did you ever get this corrected?   While searching this site I found a post on Galaxy S10.  The admin's response was to clear the Cache.  They provided the steps for that device, but I am not sure how to do it on the Note 20.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. In order to clear the cache partition of your device follow these steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the Samsung logo displays, release the Side key but continue holding Volume Up.
  4. When the Android Recovery screen appears, release Volume Up.
  5. An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  6. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  7. Press Power key to select.
  8. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I would also recommend testing your device while in safe mode. You can do this by doing the following. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

You can get your device out of safe mode by restarting your device. Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes
SteveWhitaker
Astronaut
Options
Note20
neither of these worked
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

Hello there, does your camera still open randomly if you have your phone in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userur8itZCeYz
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes
0 Likes
ashnc78
Constellation
Options
Note20

Mine is still doing this same thing and I've done all the steps above. Please help.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello,

Were you able to test the symptoms in safe mode? 

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

0 Likes
ashnc78
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes, I tested in safe mode, cleared cache, reset the network and accessibility settings, denied permission for the camera on apps and its still doing it
0 Likes