Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 04:03 AM)
Maidup13
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I've had my phone since Feb. I've experienced many issues that have yet to be resolved. I'm at my witts end. This is the first time I've ever bought a brand new phone if this stature and price. And I've had far more problems than any second hand phone. Sound and ear piece volume is random. Sometimes way to loud. But that's rare. Almost always no one can hear me and I can't hear them. If using Bluetooth thru the car the volume has to be all the way up to hear the caller. And almost always I have to repeat myself to the caller. It never rings thru the car. And just to be clear, it makes no difference if it's thru Bluetooth, the actual handset or speaker the volume is horrible and is random. My Bluetooth earbuds worked just fine with this phone when I first got it. Then out of the blue they would not with for calls only media. YES I checked the setting. Unpaired and paired again. I have 2 sets. They both did the same thing. Very strange after an update. So oh course I was forced to buy another pair. I'd also like to know how we are supposed to accommodate smart home devices And products on their required 3g and still run our phone in 5g. If you duty have a computer and the device has to run thru your phone like a security camera. How exactly does this work? Cause it doesn't appear that I have there option to have both internet choices open 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

4 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Note20

1. The call issue using the phone may be due to weak signal, if you don't have good connection then the audio quality can drop (not sure what could cause it to be too loud tho).

2. BT connection with the car... the phone's BT volume itself has to be increased just in case you forgot to raise the BT volume from the phone itself.

3. Not ringing through the car may be settings issue, if I recall correctly there is a settings to have the phone ring not through the BT device but on the phone.

4. As for the earphones, try network reset from the settings > general management > reset > network reset. This will clear up the wifi as well so you'll need to re-connect what wifi you had before.

5. Not sure what you mean by accommodate the smart home devices using 3g. I am guessing you are referring to the WiFi connection at 2.4Ghz (?).. that is not the phone's cellular network, it is referring to the WiFi router/modem's band frequency. Again, not sure what you mean so this may not be the proper reply to your issue, so take filter out as needed. 

As for 'in general' ... if you have issues with the device that you are either sure or even unsure that it's simply a settings issue, don't hesitate to submit an error report to Samsung Members app right after the issue is observed (within ~30min will do just fine). Providing screenshots or screen recordings will certainly help the techs helping

0 Likes
Maidup13
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Also quick question have you heard of the Samsung tutor app and is this legit is it good because I can just go through that and they can tell me anything is wrong with it
0 Likes
Maidup13
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I don't even know what to say I just sent a whole message to you to reply to yours and it's gone I sent it and it's not even there unreal
0 Likes
Maidup13
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes I'm speaking in regards to Wi-Fi for my home cameras and whatnot they don't run through 5G they run through the 2G 3G 2.4 whatever it is you're talking about so then I have to switch the Wi-Fi in order to get that set up but then I don't want to run my phone in that when I leave so I have to switch it back to 5G cuz I only use internet at home otherwise I use my data for my phone I try to be as safe as possible from hackers and people running and getting stuff off my phone but like some of the smart plugs for kasa that I have linked with my Alexa Amazon you can only do them through the 2.4 Wi-Fi so I had to set it up that way but they still run even when I put it in 5G but I don't think that the cameras will run once they're set up in the 2.4 or will they that's what I'm asking
And as I previously stated I've already checked on my settings there is no longer an in-ear piece volume to change in the phone or in call volume or whatever it's called yes I know you have to turn the Bluetooth the car and the phone volume up but I do and I still can't hear but I think it's the car and not my phone on that aspect only because I'm having other electrical issues in the car but there's still some things with the phone itself regardless of my car that I'm having issues. And as far as not having a good service and a call drop I don't have call drops I don't remember stating that but I have great service I mean I'm in the middle of the city. Who can do an upload download check I can do that myself can't I to see how well it's running and what should it be at
0 Likes