Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5g restarting

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 10:38 PM)
KaranS
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My phone constantly restarts, at random times. I have factory reset it twice. The first time I factory reset, it started to occur after I redownloaded some apps, so I assumed it was due to an app. I spent the next two days deleting apps one by one hoping to find the "bad" app. After deleting every app on the phone I was able to delete, it still kept happening. I factory reset it again today and the phone restarted seconds after the setup process completed.

I am currently in a different state than my home and the nearest Samsung repair store is too far to travel without a car which I am currently not able to access at this time.

I've attempted to contact Samsung support but the only solution I am offered is to travel to that store to get the issue resolved... Unable to work or even reliably call anyone is extremely annoying.

Hope someone can offer some advice as to how I can debug and possibly fix the issue.

4 Replies
Options
Note20
Your phone might have got a virus or malware.
0 Likes
KaranS
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I assumed the same, but I forgot to add this to my post... but the fact of it happening minutes after updating to UI 3.0/Tmobile's latest security updates seemed like more than a coincidence.
0 Likes
Mäw
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I would recommend contacting tech support and do a warranty claim and tell them traveling is not an option. push for them to do the work. you bought their product they should be catering to you not the other way around!
0 Likes
KaranS
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you, I will attempt to speak about this to support.
0 Likes