Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Back glass cracked/don't buy from samsung direct

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Options
Note20

Lesson learned don't buy from samsung directly because 1) Their warranty is trash and 2) Customer service is terrible. Long story short we all the know the note has had a history of being too long sometimes and cracking from being in a pocket. A design flaw where they fail to strengthen the weak points repeatedly.

My phone just being in my front pocket, has cracked on the back glass starting from the power button. And has gotten worse. Even though i have a case and havent dropped it. It cracks by simply bending slightly in your pocket. So now samsung trash warranty is voided and then to add insult to injury they tell they will no longer accept your phone as a trade in... are you serious? Samsung has failed to fix a flaw on their part for years and then take no accountability whatsoever. Their solution apparantly? To not carry the phone in any pockets to avoid the possibility what an absolute joke... if iPhones werent so atrocious id be jumping ship by now. Instead im stuck paying a $1400 premium price for a supposed flagship phone just to receive F-Rated customer service and warranty coverage. Good job on screwing your customers over Samsung Bravo

0 Likes
7 Replies
BlueNeon
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Just curious. Do you keep your phone in your front pocket or back pocket
0 Likes
Sopacifico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Mine broke that glass too. Since the customer service is non existent I fixed it at the ubreak I fixit
0 Likes
user5hu4XX3T6F
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Why wouldn't you have a decent case for such a device? Not saying Samsung shouldn't fix it but you did say it has been a known flaw in the notes. If you know it can happen why not go the extra mile to make sure it doesn't happen?
0 Likes
Options
Note20

So...  A "Known Flaw" is usually reserved for a design error, not a fact of physics.  Is it a "Known Flaw" that semi trucks are easy to jackknife the trailer when you have a 24' one on?  If you have a piece of glass in your pocket that is 6" long in your front pocket when you sit down, it is going to break.  Yet your Note 20 Ultra 5g did not for several times, sounds to me like they covered the flaw.  I have had a Note 20 Ultra 5G since launch (August 18th 2020 actually).  When I sit down, I feel the stress in the pocket caused by the phone, and (you might want to take notes here) remove it from my pocket.  My phone does not have any scratches, cracks or dents, and it is in the very meager Silicone case, with no screen protector.  Some people don't realize that adding a bulky case to their phone can actually put in in harms way, when they are trying to do the opposite.

I fail to see how this is Samsung's fault, they did not force you to buy their product, or to handle it in a way that puts it in a dangerous situation,  They did not force your leg into seated position without removing the device from your pocket.  I am not sure why they should accept YOUR trade in because you cracked it, if they don't accept cracked phones.

Take some personal accountability here, you damaged your phone, now you should be the one to either deal with it, or get it repaired.  Samsung has done everything they can to make the phone sturdy, lightweight, and resistant to cracks.

0 Likes
Options
Note20

Not looking for free stuff.
You fight fires sitting down?
If you put a letter into an envelope, then fold the envelope in half, is the letter supposed to remain unfolded?
I keep my phone in my front pocket, and it is not damaged, even after 14 months.

So Samsung should re-inforce their phones so that instead of the phone getting damaged, your leg does?

0 Likes
Options
Note20
Yup youre going about mach 5 in that jet right pal... here ill be nicer. When it comes to wildfires, sometimes you gotta driiiive to a fire or driiive during a fire, orrrr make a steep hike or navigate difficult terrain. You suggest i hold it in my hands the entire time? My belt is already covered by ppe thats out of the question. Genius. So putting my phone in my pocket is the same as actively and intentionally trying to bend it, wow who would have ever thought?
If your legs get damaged by a phone i think you have other problems to worry about... but with that you basically agreed the phone isn't properly reinforced where it should be. Itd be a different story if it was the 1st time around but its not. Multiple generations all cracking from the same starting point. A problem samsung is well aware of but have chosen NOT to actively mitigate it. And yes man reinforce that puppy like crazy, you ever recall anyone complaining about the durability of old nokia phones?? I cant imagine good durability would be something anyone would complain about negatively. If a samsung note was so durable to the point it could stop a speeding bullet and save my life after that im going and buying 10 more.
But $1400 for a mobile phone that cant even be in your pocket? I dont have the luxury like you apparantly to think of the whereabouts of my phone every second its in my pocket.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I dont think about my phone when i sit down, instead i FEEL it stressing against the shrinking space that it is in. You fight fires witout a shirt? Are there no upper body pokets that can hold your phone? Would you have bought your Note phone if it was 2" thick at it's narrowest point, like an old Nokia?
0 Likes