JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

(Topic created on: 10/13/20 6:52 AM)
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Is this first Note 20 ultra phone experience this issue? 

Thanks 

user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks, will be heading to Singapore Samsung service centre today. See what actually happens to my phone, puzzling such a high end model failure within one month. I use before mid range phones no such issues and the phonew were very smooth 

@Chuck620 wrote:
Sometimes u get a phone w a bad display. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. Same thing w TV panels. Good luck.

usermeXu6Mil3S
Constellation
Options
Note20

Do not worry. You are never alone! I've reported this from Bangalore, India, immediately after installing my 300 MB Sept 2020 security patch and Camera enhancement update on Tuesday night, 22nd Sept, after which my Note 20 Ultra screen went black with the phone staying on in probably a deep sleep mode that it never woke amidst all usual troubleshooting.

Much lesser than even 30 days since purchase, I have had to face this for the first time as a proud Samsung Flagship user for over 15 years. Totally disappointed with the huge investment going a waste in such a short span. Devastated after risking from contracting COVID sitting for hours at their service center. This is SERIOUS trouble for a longtime Samsung fan. Expecting Samsung will compensate with haste for the mental trauma they have caused in addition to the money lost. Also, if the bugged update is pulled back, a lot more damage can be prevented.

user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

@usermeXu6Mil3S wrote:

Do not worry. You are never alone! I've reported this from Bangalore, India, immediately after installing my 300 MB Sept 2020 security patch and Camera enhancement update on Tuesday night, 22nd Sept, after which my Note 20 Ultra screen went black with the phone staying on in probably a deep sleep mode that it never woke amidst all usual troubleshooting.

Much lesser than even 30 days since purchase, I have had to face this for the first time as a proud Samsung Flagship user for over 15 years. Totally disappointed with the huge investment going a waste in such a short span. Devastated after risking from contracting COVID sitting for hours at their service center. This is SERIOUS trouble for a longtime Samsung fan. Expecting Samsung will compensate with haste for the mental trauma they have caused in addition to the money lost. Also, if the bugged update is pulled back, a lot more damage can be prevented.

Hi usermeXu6Mil3S

Exactly same after I update the new software on 22nd Sep then the phone went blank on 23rd Sep while the background still running. Today Samsung Singapore changed my phone acreen and battery. Now phone back to normal but as you say if the bugges update not pull back the issue will come back again. Now I am doing my phone back up 

Actually after Note 7 issue I switched from Samsung to other phone and smooth life for 5 years, thought of coming back to Samsung again and today pay penalty for that. The service centre still not aware of that this and casually told me this techonology world failure can not be avoided. 

Let me know your issue solved? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
usermeXu6Mil3S
Constellation
Options
Note20

Sure, mine is in the best hands as far as service is concerned. This Samsung Service center is taking immemse care to getting this resolved to the fullest of my satisfaction, empathising well with my mental trauma. To add, the Retailer is also backing me and following up on this. We still have great souls working for Samsung and am truly appreciative of it! Hope Samsung steps up to winning back my confidence.

0 Likes
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

But one good thing Samsung done the screen and battery replacement for me without affecting my data, I told them big thanks and appreciate the service engineers help. Now again have to monitor 

Thanks 

userRf18ARVw1b
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same problem. Screen went black. Got it tested. The phone is working but the screen is not working or touch responsive. The service centre will replace the screen and wipe the phone, so I have to set it all up again. Then what if it happens again in 3 months? Or 6 months? Very unimpressed with an expensive flagship phone. Samsung should at least offer a brand new replacement phone. VERY unsatisfactory. This will be my last (of many) Samsung phone, unless they give me a new phone.

@user6qvcc9dnuU wrote:

@usermeXu6Mil3S wrote:

Hi usermeXu6Mil3S

Exactly same after I update the new software on 22nd Sep then the phone went blank on 23rd Sep while the background still running. Today Samsung Singapore changed my phone acreen and battery. Now phone back to normal but as you say if the bugges update not pull back the issue will come back again. Now I am doing my phone back up 

Actually after Note 7 issue I switched from Samsung to other phone and smooth life for 5 years, thought of coming back to Samsung again and today pay penalty for that. The service centre still not aware of that this and casually told me this techonology world failure can not be avoided. 

Thanks 

@user6qvcc9dnuU wrote:

@usermeXu6Mil3S wrote:

Hi usermeXu6Mil3S

Thanks 

userKSsJqq3NhX
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi yesterday I faced the same issue with Note 20 Ultra in Mumbai. Took the phone off charger touched WhatsApp and boom the screen went black. Phone works get calls if I swipe in the area where the swipe is and can answer the calls too. Getting notification sounds, phone rings.

No water damage or liquid damage through sanitisers etc.

Would be interesting to hear from you what was the resolution you got from Samsung, did they replace the device or repair it. Sending mine to service centre on Monday 20/10/20

userBNeuSaTfe5
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I m from Mehsana(Gujarat) I also face that type of problem .Samsung company solved this type of issue to their flagship n costly phone...my display is totally black...but the phone is working ....n touch is work the area from answer the call....I m not happy for Samsung flagship n costly phon.i m confuce that I should invest in Samsung flagship phon in future or not.

EEMMEE
Constellation
Options
Note20

Exact same thing happened to mine. I am having to send it in to Samsung

0 Likes
userecWJBPmlnZ
Constellation
Options
Note20

My screen went black on October 8th. Had to take it a local "service centre" which could do nothing for the device.  They had to send away to Samsung the following week (Canadian Thanksgiving of all weekends!). Service Centre shipped it away on the 13th. Told up to 10 business days to get it back.

In the meantime, I'm rocking a good ol' S7. Talk about doing less with...less.  

Kind of disappointed in the fact that such an expensive device did that. I've NEVER had a problem with a Samsung device before the N20U. 

Doubt it's coming back with all the data in tact.  Another device setup in my near future.