JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

(Topic created on: 11/16/20 4:44 AM)
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Is this first Note 20 ultra phone experience this issue? 

Thanks 

userhncztPjhLq
Astronaut
Options
Note20

what they done sir plz let us know. same problem happened to me today.

augusteen,

<hidden>

0 Likes
EEMMEE
Constellation
Options
Note20
I had to send it in for repair. they replaced the screen. It took them a week to get it back to me because they had to wait for the part.
0 Likes
userecWJBPmlnZ
Constellation
Options
Note20

It is now October 30th. It has been now 3 weeks since my screen went dead. Samsung is suckling big time at trying to fix this. The phone was locked and I sent them passwords and pins to unlock it, but no word back yet. 

The "service centre" hasn't made it easy either. I talk to one person who obviously doesn't communicate with anyone else, and I'm asked the same question 24-48 hours later. 

I told them just to do a factory rest but apparently whoever is doing the repair at Samsung doesn't want to.

Extremely poor service as far as I'm concerned.

I've now ditched the S7 and gone on to P20 Pro.

0 Likes
userhncztPjhLq
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I GOT SAME ISSUE THIS MORNING. I REALLY GOT DISAPPOINTED. SUCH A HIGH END EXPENSIVE MOBILE IRRITATING US LIKE THIS. WHAT TO DO PLZ SUGGEST. CAN I GO TO CONSUMER FORUM ??

AUGUSTEEN,

<hidden>

0 Likes
usereKiQrKazvE
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Yes, i have same problem too.

@user6qvcc9dnuU wrote:

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Thanks 

userknlohnyOyH
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I've had the same issue, but they tried to tell me the issue has happened because the phone has previously fallen. It hasn't fallen but according to them it isn't a known issue even though all the people in this form seem to be facing the issue. 

Thankfully I have Samsung care plus so it is still covered. 

Screen suddenly went blank and forced restart isn't also working.

It is very disappointing, such an expensive brand new phone. 

userlXHFVHwzj8
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same problem here:dizzy_face:This is stupid and i dont even want this phone anymore.

@user6qvcc9dnuU wrote:

Thanks 

@user6qvcc9dnuU wrote:

Thanks 

r77w8c39
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same here. My Note 20 Ultra after a call. It went to Black Screen. Try to force restart/reset (volume down and power button) and still remain the same. Pretty disappointed that it happens on a flagship phone. Saying it is the screen problem, will be replacing it. 

Hopefully, my data remains intact. 

userTGG4oI41zn
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same problem with my girlfriends phone it just went dark. I tried the volume down and power button restart and I heard the phone turn on and all of the notifications but still no display. So I called her phone to make sure it was still able to accept phone calls. I answered the call and pressed the power button and the phone display came back on. I don't know if it will work with everyone else's phone but it worked for hers. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
userGZxO5p7UG9
Astronaut
Options
Note20

iam from Indonesia, same problem also happened on my phone today.  at first the phone just working fine until it suddenly becoming black screen when i edit my photo using instagram. i thought i was running out battery so i just plug in my charger.  i noticed something gone wrong when i didnt see any charging logo. Screen is blank but i can receive phone and hear music. i tried to force restart it using volume down&power button for 10 second, but nothing happened.

it was my second time experience screen error on Samsung flagship phone since my note 9 had burn up issue on its OLED. Thay charged me USD100 for guarateed note 9  to change the screen. So i probably wont buy any samsung flagship phone again if the after sales service is not satisfying.