JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 7:10 PM)
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Is this first Note 20 ultra phone experience this issue? 

Thanks 

36 Replies
Chuck620
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Did u clean the screen w anything that has ammonia in it or any other kind of abrasive cleaner. It sounds like u just have a display issue since the phone seems to b working. If you are under warranty, send it in and they will either fix the screen or give u a new phone
0 Likes
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks, going to service centre today. I am trying to google does anyone has it same issue? Really surprising such a high end model has this type of issue. For your question I didn't clean my phone screen with ammonia or any other cleaning agent. It just suddenly happen when I was in zoom meeting, the screen went black but the voice still can hear from zoom meeting 

@Chuck620 wrote:
Did u clean the screen w anything that has ammonia in it or any other kind of abrasive cleaner. It sounds like u just have a display issue since the phone seems to b working. If you are under warranty, send it in and they will either fix the screen or give u a new phone

0 Likes
user7nvTIqWHXZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hello, I'm from Indonesia. I got same issue, my note 20 ultra suddenly black screen. It's happen while I was reading web comic. The screen totally black, but still vibrate and make little sound when I tried to restart . And when I tried to call my phone, calling wasn't connected & ringtone can not be heard.

So yesterday I went to Samsung Service Center, the technician said the screen was damage. It's need to change new screen, body, and battery, because it was one package. The fixing will be take 1-3 days. I got full warranty, so this service will be free. But I very disappointed, because got fixing the unit only, instead of get replacement new unit.

I'm really shocked, for such a high end flagship smartphone has this major issue, by normal usage and less than 2 months. And this also happen to some Note 20 ultra's user in other countries.

Additional info: My phone has never dropped or submerged in water. I also rarely use it to play games.

userBNeuSaTfe5
Astronaut
Options
Note20

i have face same type of issue....my screen is black...n all function work properly....I confuce....n not happy with this type of flagship n higher weriant phone....my phone is only 20 days old n face this type of problem....it's so costly phone...

userT5ATiiWNhh
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same here I just had the same issue while using my phone it died out on me and not turning on I can feel the vibrations but no display 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number

View solution in context

0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Try pushing volume up and hold it while pushing the power button see if screen comes on in this state.
useroww2z4sl7T
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I had the same problem, I did what said

It worked!

thank you so much 

0 Likes
Chuck620
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Sometimes u get a phone w a bad display. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. Same thing w TV panels. Good luck.
0 Likes