cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Is this first Note 20 ultra phone experience this issue? 

Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

Did u clean the screen w anything that has ammonia in it or any other kind of abrasive cleaner. It sounds like u just have a display issue since the phone seems to b working. If you are under warranty, send it in and they will either fix the screen or give u a new phone
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks, going to service centre today. I am trying to google does anyone has it same issue? Really surprising such a high end model has this type of issue. For your question I didn't clean my phone screen with ammonia or any other cleaning agent. It just suddenly happen when I was in zoom meeting, the screen went black but the voice still can hear from zoom meeting 

@Chuck620 wrote:
Did u clean the screen w anything that has ammonia in it or any other kind of abrasive cleaner. It sounds like u just have a display issue since the phone seems to b working. If you are under warranty, send it in and they will either fix the screen or give u a new phone

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello, I'm from Indonesia. I got same issue, my note 20 ultra suddenly black screen. It's happen while I was reading web comic. The screen totally black, but still vibrate and make little sound when I tried to restart . And when I tried to call my phone, calling wasn't connected & ringtone can not be heard.

So yesterday I went to Samsung Service Center, the technician said the screen was damage. It's need to change new screen, body, and battery, because it was one package. The fixing will be take 1-3 days. I got full warranty, so this service will be free. But I very disappointed, because got fixing the unit only, instead of get replacement new unit.

I'm really shocked, for such a high end flagship smartphone has this major issue, by normal usage and less than 2 months. And this also happen to some Note 20 ultra's user in other countries.

Additional info: My phone has never dropped or submerged in water. I also rarely use it to play games.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Try pushing volume up and hold it while pushing the power button see if screen comes on in this state.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I had the same problem, I did what said

It worked!

thank you so much 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Sometimes u get a phone w a bad display. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. Same thing w TV panels. Good luck.
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks, will be heading to Singapore Samsung service centre today. See what actually happens to my phone, puzzling such a high end model failure within one month. I use before mid range phones no such issues and the phonew were very smooth 

@Chuck620 wrote:
Sometimes u get a phone w a bad display. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. Same thing w TV panels. Good luck.

Highlighted
Constellation

Do not worry. You are never alone! I've reported this from Bangalore, India, immediately after installing my 300 MB Sept 2020 security patch and Camera enhancement update on Tuesday night, 22nd Sept, after which my Note 20 Ultra screen went black with the phone staying on in probably a deep sleep mode that it never woke amidst all usual troubleshooting.

Much lesser than even 30 days since purchase, I have had to face this for the first time as a proud Samsung Flagship user for over 15 years. Totally disappointed with the huge investment going a waste in such a short span. Devastated after risking from contracting COVID sitting for hours at their service center. This is SERIOUS trouble for a longtime Samsung fan. Expecting Samsung will compensate with haste for the mental trauma they have caused in addition to the money lost. Also, if the bugged update is pulled back, a lot more damage can be prevented.

Highlighted
Constellation

@usermeXu6Mil3S wrote:

Do not worry. You are never alone! I've reported this from Bangalore, India, immediately after installing my 300 MB Sept 2020 security patch and Camera enhancement update on Tuesday night, 22nd Sept, after which my Note 20 Ultra screen went black with the phone staying on in probably a deep sleep mode that it never woke amidst all usual troubleshooting.

Much lesser than even 30 days since purchase, I have had to face this for the first time as a proud Samsung Flagship user for over 15 years. Totally disappointed with the huge investment going a waste in such a short span. Devastated after risking from contracting COVID sitting for hours at their service center. This is SERIOUS trouble for a longtime Samsung fan. Expecting Samsung will compensate with haste for the mental trauma they have caused in addition to the money lost. Also, if the bugged update is pulled back, a lot more damage can be prevented.

Hi usermeXu6Mil3S

Exactly same after I update the new software on 22nd Sep then the phone went blank on 23rd Sep while the background still running. Today Samsung Singapore changed my phone acreen and battery. Now phone back to normal but as you say if the bugges update not pull back the issue will come back again. Now I am doing my phone back up 

Actually after Note 7 issue I switched from Samsung to other phone and smooth life for 5 years, thought of coming back to Samsung again and today pay penalty for that. The service centre still not aware of that this and casually told me this techonology world failure can not be avoided. 

Let me know your issue solved? 

Thanks