JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Black Screen (Phone no display)

(Topic created on: 9/23/20 8:27 AM)
user6qvcc9dnuU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Singapore region and technical service directs to service centre. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue? 

Is this first Note 20 ultra phone experience this issue? 

Thanks 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
36 Replies
useriSGLcZ0dLm
Astronaut
Options
Note20

it happened with me; you need to press the volume down then the power button and keep pressing them together till the screen turns on.

i tried to press the 2 bottons together several tomes the phone keeps restarting bit the screen wasnt turuning on. if you press the volume down bottot 1st it will work.

0 Likes
userjzeRmg6MeP
Astronaut
Options
Note20

same issue! the screen suddenly go black but the touch capability and other functions are still working fine. screen sudden back to normal 1.5 hrs later. Very traumatic and horrifying experience. never buy samsung phone again.

userRsdmXMKaw6
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Same problem here. Black screen totally in perfect condition, I sent it to the Samsung company for repair and they want to charge me $302.01 because the phone is unlocked regardless of the fact that it is basically a device problem and the purchase was made on US from Samsung store. I am very disappointed with the treatment of the company. It is assumed that if I buy a device in China, Italy, Canada or in the United States, the guarantee is the same regardless of the place of purchase or the type of device. Is not funny pay $1200 without warranty.

userHPUUg5gdEM
Constellation
Options
Note20

I had the exact same issue today.  My phone worked one minute and then black screen the next.  I can hear the notifications and even received 2 phone calls which I could not answer.  It is being sent back to AT&T for a replacement since it is still under warranty.  

0 Likes
user1EGRIBZZnn
Astronaut
Options
Note20

while charging try to pressing volume down first and continue pressing power button and hold for 10s. it works on mine.

0 Likes
user3vi8JQ5Egu
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I think I broke world record, within 18 days the screen black out. I am already unhappy about spending time and SGD100 to search, buy and try 6 different kinds of type c to 3.5mm jack. Now this problem appears.

userfxsK8JoJkb
Constellation
Options
Note20

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra did this today. It was on charge. I heard the notifications and ignored it. When the phone rang, i tried to answer it but the screen was just blank. I dropped it off at the Service Centre today. 

I am however extremely disappointed. My phone is approximately 5 months !!! I recently switched to Samsung so i a not pleased at all.