JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Bluetooth Skipping Dropping out.

(Topic created: 09-25-2020 12:13 PM)
userONcLZW5JD4
Constellation
Options
Note20

I recieved my new phone yesterday but with 3 sets of bluetooth headphones I am experiencing skipping/dropouts during audio streaming which is infuriating. I have 14 days to return the phone and exchange for and iPhone. If someone can confirm this is a known software issue which will be fixed via an update I will keep the phone as its fantastic but if not I'll have to change it, which is a shame. I previously used a p30 pro for a year with no bluetooth problems.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
IFly
Halo
Options
Note20
I had same issue with Note 20 Ultra. No fix available from Samsung. Returned the phone.

View solution in context

11 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

What type of Bluetooth headsets are you experiencing these symptoms with?

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
IFly
Halo
Options
Note20
I had same issue with Note 20 Ultra. No fix available from Samsung. Returned the phone.
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Has the previous steps in this thread provided by @SamsungAdam helped any?

0 Likes
IFly
Halo
Options
Note20
Nope. Did all of that plus delete the device, re-pair, clear partiton cache, emptied Bluetooth storage and cache. Nothing worked. Now have exact same issue with Note 10 Plus after last update. Frustrating to say the least. Samsung tech support has no remedy and does not seem to care.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for confirming this.

Since all troubleshooting steps did not help, I would recommend a service repair on the device.

Please send a private message providing the full model code and serial number for further assistance. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes
IFly
Halo
Options
Note20
Thanks for the offer but the issue is software related due to bluetooth failure after the last update and Sammy denies that the update could cause the issue. My Note 8 Bluetooth continues to work flawlessly.
0 Likes
userWd4hGeeJoR
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same for me, Note8 works just fine while Note20 Ultra's Bluetooth audio randomly drops out with various Bluetooth speakers... It's extremely annoying to have to turn the speaker off and on again!

2 months later and the issue still persists, even after multiple firmware upgrades...

0 Likes
userOBtgIVdVNp
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi there, 

Did anyone ever get a full answer on this issue? I think it is definitely a problem since the last update. I had a P30 Pro and the Bluetooth issues started on that phone, returned it and got a new one then it happened on the new one, I thought it might be my Jabra Elite Sport  headphones so I returned them and got a new pair. Same issue. Then I returned the new pair and got a pair of Bose ear buds... Still choppy or played through the phone after I paused and un paused. Took the P30 back and got a Note 20 ultra... Still an issue with choppy bluetooth connection. It's a little better after the update on the 9th December but it's still choppy sometimes. It is so frustrating as I love android phones and my new Samsung note 20. I'm at my wit's end here. 

0 Likes
MattDeezly
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Having the same issue too..... And the fact that samsung support staff are completely silent when bugs arise is stating to make me question if I'll continue buying their products..... They won't even acknowledge it's an issue 

I did a factory reset, wiped cache, etc... No fix. I'm so disappointed