Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Facial recognition problem

(Topic created on: 8/28/20 11:31 PM)
userCEh6LWciZm
Astronaut
Options
Note20

My Note 20 ultra will not open with facial recognition.  I have tried setting it up 3 separate times and each time it tells me I was successful.  Yet when I actually try to open my phone using facial recognition instead of the fingerprint sensor it never opens.  I've tried it at different angles and in all different lighting and no success.  No once has it opened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help. 

9 Replies
userchaWQUron7
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Having the same problem. The phone overall is fantastic however the facial recognition issue is a major put off especially when it comes down to a $1300 phablet. Very disappointed. 

Only solution is to turn off the option of face unlock until samsung considers this issue seriously. IPhone never misses your face though! 

0 Likes
Options
Note20

Have you called technical support?  What did they say?  Just wondering.

0 Likes
userBbR5kSO46X
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same issue here in UK, never had a phone with this issue, I wonder if it is a hardware or software issue, had the phone 12 hours and did a factory reset, but that made no different, it going back under the 14days return policy

0 Likes
userqnXFkAh5eJ
Constellation
Options
Note20

same....coming from pixel 4 and one plus i cant believe how bad this is....it almost never works

0 Likes
Options
Note20

it has to be at a certain angle.. have you tried it with different angles?

0 Likes
Options
Note20

are you still having trouble unlocking the device using face recognition? report it via the Samsung Members app if you're still having an issue with it. 

0 Likes
betaphex
Astronaut
Options
Note20
same issue here, crazy I just gave up
0 Likes
userPEx2sAFNhW
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same issue. Facial recognition has never worked. I just took it seriously and started researching
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Are you by any chance wearing a mask when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried adding your facial recognition at multiple angles?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes