cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Note 20 Ultra Feedback

I've been a Samsung user since 2013. I've had the S3 Mini, S5, S6 edge, S7 edge, Note 7, Note 8, Note 9, and Note 10+. I'm a big fan of the Note line, especially as a college student who takes down tons of notes and on the fly quick info when a pen and paper is needed. I love my Note 20 Ultra, however, there are some changes Samsung made that I don't understand. First, for a $1300.00 price tag and being the Note line, the base storage should at LEAST start at 256GB, not 128GB. Yes I'm aware you can get an SD card but I download more apps and not all apps transfer to an SD card. I know there is a 512GB model but it ONLY comes in black, I wanted Mystic Bronze. So already I'm losing half of my storage from my Note 10+. Second, there's a vapor cooling tube/mechanism that Samsung has used in its phones since the S7. This vapor cooling chamber helps with the phone from overheating and when heavily multi-tasking or in warmer environments. For some reason, that is gone with the Note 20 Ultra. I'm not sure how big of a deal it is, but Samsung didn't mention if they found a solution to why they wouldn't include it. So I kinda worry about my phone when it gets hot...and it does get hot on certain occasions. Especially since my phone is in a regular cleat case from Spigen, I can't always feel when its hot but that does make me a tad worried if its in my pocket or I'm outside and its burning up and no cooling chamber. Third, the battery is pretty much the same as the Note 10+. Unless you turn off the 120hz display, you may get some extra battery life but I would imagine it wouldn't be enough. I start my day from 7 am and take notes mostly and scroll through social media. By around 7pm it needs a charge. Oh yeah and the 45 Watt Super Fast charging doesn't support the Note 20 Ultra, but it supported the Note 10+??? I mean don't get me wrong, the 25 Watt is still fast but I bought the 45 Watt with my Note 10+ for that extra juice in a short period of time when on the go. I'm not sure if Samsung cut features due to the pandemic, but being a HUGE conglomerate and charging $1300 for an "Ultra" phone, that cuts you down on the base memory, no cooling chamber, NO headphones OR S-Pen replacement tips in the box...it almost feels like a downgrade from the Note 10+. Headphones is to eaches own..I still have mine from my Note 10+ and I have the Buds Plus and Buds Live. HOWEVER, that being said, it almost feels like Samsung is pulling an Apple that skimps on features and including basic things in the box for more profit. Cut the storage, you have to buy an SD Card. No headphones, gotta buy them. No S-pen replacement tips, gotta buy a whole new replacement S-pen?!? I mean come on Samsung, at LEAST include replacement tips for those who actually USE the S-pen and wear out that tip. I gotta say, this is the FIRST time ever in upgrading where I've felt slightly cheated on basic things and have actually thought about keeping my previous Note. And no, technically I don't need to upgrade every year, but I'm a phone guy and I love Samsung...but Samsung, y'all need some tough love from me and many others because I don't understand your thought process when it comes to devices. Samsung said during their Unpacked Event (keynote) that they READ/LISTEN to EVERY customer feedback from their Samsung Members, well Samsung execs, don't let this happen again next year...you're gonna charge me and many others $1300 and hold some basic and signature Samsung features/tools?...then I'm just going to hang on to my phones longer and I'm sure other people will that start catching on to your decisions OR even switching to another device. I do like my Note 20 Ultra, but I'm not a fool. Technically, my Note 10+ IS BETTER than the Note 20. And don't even get me started on the regular Note 20 and trying to charge people $1000 for some plastic and then forcing people to pay the $1300 price because it's built better but then still skimp out on features. Don't be RUDE. That's all. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 20 Ultra Feedback

agree all the way. I am a huge samsung fan... but i am a little disappointed this year. I try to upgrade every year and they have taken away some of the things I've come to expect from samsung. now my husband decided the note 20 would be fine for him its not much over the 10 plus we have but lost some storage. I refuse to budge on not getting the ultra but the 512 is out of stock and god knows how long it'll be that way so im left waiting for one.
I still have my ear buds so ill use them for now. ive seen some bugs etc coming out with the note 20s and galaxy 20s. hoping for bug work out before I get mine. the camera is the real reason I've decided to go ahead and upgrade i hope at least im not disappointed on that.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra Feedback

You'll definitely be impressed with the camera, no complaints here! The auto focus has really been improved and zooming in more is a nice feature to this camera. At the same time though, I still have no complaints from my Note 10+ camera either. Just like you, I asked my partner if I should return this Note 20 Ultra and keep my Note 10+...it sounds appealing because I still love the look and feel of my Aura Glow Note 10. AND, since Samsung is updating their devices for 3 years instead of 2 years, I would be good with the Note 10 until around 2022 and just replace the battery as needed. But I agree, the Note is for POWER users and just like you mentioned, we have come to expect many things, even the small ones, from the Note series. My only guess is, they're saving something big for next year because rumor has it the Fold will replace the Note and have an S-Pen. Either way, this phone is called "Ultra." Give me Ultra specs! The phone is good! But as phone people, we notice this kinda stuff and its a bit of a bummer. Hope you enjoy your Note 20!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I got offers to upgrade to the Note 20 and looked at it overall and decided I LOVED my Note 10+ too much. and after seeing all the problems people are having with their s20 or Note 20 I'm so glad I didn't switch
Highlighted

The Note20 Ultra has a vapor chamber on the Qualcom chipset versions.  So the same U.S. customers that did not get headphones, S Pen tips, or a screen protector, DID get a vapor chamber.