cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra No WiFi Calling and Verizon Signals

I purchased a Verizon Galaxy Note 20 Ultra that won't make phone calls on the Verizon network, even through wifi calling or drop down to 4G.  I traded in my Galaxy S10+ for this piece of c..r..a..p, the 5G thing isn't worth the trouble, I have spent hours with Verizon and now trying to get help from Samsung on hold for 30 minutes.  I'm in a major metro area of the SF Bay Area and my wifes S9+ makes calls from both locations with no problems and my daughters Iphone 11 also.  

If you call me i have no signal so It goes straight to voicemail.  -119 db is the signal, wont drop down to 4G and won't do wifi calling, the buttom or slider is on and yet nothing, I have reset everything with Verizon Tech support with no luck.  My wifi speed is 229 mbs download and 29.5 upload at work,  internet works fine and my ip work phone also works great, the phone part doesn't work or is very low.  Stay Away, can't get through to Samsung???  Verizon admitted the 5G tower is having problems, why can't my phone drom down and use 4G or even 3G?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 20 Ultra No WiFi Calling and Verizon Signals

Most don't know that there's actually two variants of that phone one is the 5G only, the second is the 4G 🤷🏻‍♂️maybe sell it and get the 4G variant. 5G is pretty new you can assume it will have issues

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 20 Ultra No WiFi Calling and Verizon Signals

Trying to get support from Samsung is utterly useless the last person couldn't be understood and was from the Phillipines as he constantly said he couldn't get a supervisor or transfer the call.  I won't ever buy a phone directly from Samsung, you only get the run around with horrible or useless tech support and nothing but people reading from a support tree.  I will want to get a new phone or I'll go back to my Note 10 plus that can make phone calls, where the Note 20 ultra can't in some areas.  

Don't buy a Samsung 5G phone is my advice to everyone, and don't buy it from Samsung.