Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Restarting Automatically

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 02:33 PM)
CrazyCatLadee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I see a lot of other topics on this subject so I thought I would add my own experience.

Starting in June after a software update, My Note 20 Ultra would automatically reboot over night. Over time the reboots became more frequent and not just overnight. I tried these recommended solutions:

• Made sure auto-restart was off
  • cleared the cache
  • deleted apps
  • restarted in safe mode
  • reset phone settings
  • (there was no SD card and the battery scan came back fine)

But nothing worked. Eventually I called Asurion and they sent me a replacement Note 20 Ultra. Things were going fine with this phone for almost 3 weeks until I did the software update on July 23rd. Since then the replacement has rebooted itself 3 times, once over night, once in the middle of the day, and once around 11:00 pm. I contacted Samsung Support but they just said to take it to a support center for repair.

Does anyone have a solution that works that I haven't tried or is this a software issue like I'm suspecting? Because my dad who has a Note 20 has been dealing with automatic restarts also since the last update of software.

7 Replies
CamG
Astronaut
Options
Note20
M77
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@CrazyCatLadee You might want to check to see if you have any of the apps in this article installed. https://www.tomsguide.com/news/millions-infected-by-auto-starting-android-malware-delete-these-apps-... 

0 Likes
CrazyCatLadee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I don't have any of those installed.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

you might wanna wait for the next software update

Options
Note20
Uninstall Facebook Messenger. It's not meant for this version of Android on the Notes. You may have received a notification about it. It's Facebook's fault though, not Samsung. Facebook needs to update their app for our phone correctly. It's causing these random reboots everywhere.
0 Likes
CrazyCatLadee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Update: since this post my phone restarted itself twice, both times over night.
This morning I had the newest software update installed so we'll see what happens now
0 Likes
lesiena
Asteroid
Options
Note20

check settings, battery and device care;

you can have phone restart automatically at set times and dates;

disable and see if that fixes your inquiry

0 Likes