Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Screen Glitches during video play and menu scrolling

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 11:04 PM)
usery2ICwMHPbU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hello everyone, 

I have an issue with my brand new Note 20 Ultra that I got couple of days ago. 

While I am watching videos or during the live wallpaper on my screen lock, or even when I am scrolling through menus I get horizontal glitches on the height of power button and a little below it. The glitces occures on same two spots randomly.  

I tried to record the screen while this happening but the issue was not recorded. 

Please if anybody can give me an opinion before I return the phone, since I really not excited of setting it up again....

Thank you in advance. 

8 Replies
Options
Note20
Sounds like your display is going out. You should be covered to replace it since you just got it.
Options
Note20
would check your screen video in the camera resolutions and used or unused enhancements and the same in your screen recorder to. play back or streamed from where? if not recorded but still did it probably not a screen going bad issues since it didn't show in the screen recording. screen smoothness setting? do you know what your phone playing back in modes is set to?
0 Likes
usery2ICwMHPbU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I tried it in both screen frequenciees 60 and 120hz still the same. While recording the screen the glich is not shown in the screen grab video. 
The problem is not a video recording but screen glitches whe it plays something, and even when scrolling through menus it occurs sometimes. 

0 Likes
Options
Note20
video service your watching? does it just glitch the stop randomly or is it constant? caused when screen is interacted with, always, sometimes, no and does it do it with out? your screen settings selections for resolution and in what size view? are you a beta program participant, tester, user for either service Sammy or the goo?
0 Likes
usery2ICwMHPbU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

- The video service is, gallery, live wallpaper, and I tried also COD mobile and it appears there too. 

- The glitch appears for miliseconds around the center of the screen like velvet pink lines ( a glitch effect) 

- It appears in the following scenarios, when button pressed to shol video lock screen, while playing videos, while browsing through settings etc. 

- FHD + 120hz and basically I tried in all modes and it glitches in all modes both in vertical and horizontal views

- No I dont have any beta apps or I am not participating in any test programs. 

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

do you mean a line like this? but horizontal?

if it is, then i think its the display issue since it is not in your recording too

0 Likes
usery2ICwMHPbU
Asteroid
Options
Note20

20201222_105200 (Large).jpg20201222_105337 (Large).jpgThis is the line that appears for miliseconds randomly, I recorder it on video from another phone and then took a picture. So I am curious is it a hardware or software issue...

0 Likes
user0AZ89Oy6t3
Constellation
Options
Note20
yes
0 Likes