Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Tmobile major issues after update

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 10:12 AM)
dano9258
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My wife and I both have the note 20 ultra through tmobile since they launched. We love the phones. On 2-26-21, we both got the OTA Feb 1st security update and things have been horrible since. It started with off and on messages wouldn't send. And weird messages about SMS sent via server. Then starting on Tuesday 3-1, we would lose service all together for hours while the other phone showed service. I've troubleshooted it so far with:

1) Turning on and off mobile data and airplane mode
2) tried turning on and off wifi calling
3) restarted phone
4) soft reboot
5) reset mobile network settings
6) factory reset phone (this worked best for about 20 hours but now is back to doing it again)

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm positive it was the update that caused it as we both having the same issues on our phones after the updates.

Update: tonight I went into network settings and turned off the 5g autoconnect and seem to be keeping service now. Question is, how do I get 5g back? If I turn 5g on, network operators just shows searching and it won't let me pick one myself.

The security update we both got is Feb 1st, 2021 ...N986USQU1DUB5. Any way to downgrade to the Jan 1st one so our phones work again? Anything tmobile can do?

Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks guys.
9 Replies
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I'm on spectrum mobile and I can't get 5g at all since update. I've done countless factory data resets and all things I could do. try powering off device, hold the power button and volume up button till you get the start up screen, then after you get into the menu scroll down with volume keys till you get to wipe cache partition click power button wipe it and restart phone.
0 Likes
dano9258
Astronaut
Options
Note20
so did you solve it or is it still doing it?
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

i heard there are tmb network issues right now. if you lose your connection together , then i think its most likely to be the tmb issue.

try report this issue on samsung members app. 

0 Likes
dano9258
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I thought this was the samsung members app
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

download samsung members app, and once you open click + sign at bottom right and click error report

0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
any luck with your issues?
0 Likes
dano9258
Astronaut
Options
Note20
it appears to have been a tmobile issue as everything is fine all of a sudden
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
glad all is well for you
TimGoins
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
yeah it's a t-mobile issue but they won't admit to it. They'll give you the run around and blame Samsung.
0 Likes