JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 08-28-2020 08:02 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
Samsung_JqI771O
Astronaut
Options
Note20

@MrQue Having the same wifi issues and nothing seems to fix it. Wifi continuously drops,  click to manually reconnect and it doesn't do anything. No issues on multiple old Note 8s, Pixel 3a, iPhone or various laptops we have around the house. What gives?

Andre585
Constellation
Options
Note20
I'm also having this issue. I'm next to all my devices and yet only my Note 20 Ultra loses the signal.
0 Likes
userwXqEdoi2Ko
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have the same issues with my note 20 ultra. The wifi connects but after a few minutes, it just disconnects. I cleared cache already but still the same. Software is also the latest version. 

I hope Samsung resolves this asap! The phone is too expensive to have this type of issue. 

userAy4BGDqiLc
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Same issue! The internet just stops working for a minute, but the phone stays connected to the wifi. Other devices also loose the internet but stay connected to the wireless connection. Making phone calls over wifi results in dropped calls after a few minutes. 

useroeUpS3yVxE
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I think I have mostly fixed mine... I turned off smart switching (as a user above noted) and any auto reconnects, found in Advanced wifi settings. I've turned the first 3 options off and the power saving option on. Not sure which one or combo fixed it but it is now at least 90% better. I'm going to keep testing.

P.s. I searched every solution I could find which are all about disconnecting things and reconnecting/booting, or most hardware support suggests the wifi is too weak (I have a Google Nest and over 250 Mbs so I knew that wasn't it.) None of these were the issue. One person commented about Advanced settings on Androids in general and that's where I started experimenting. I would think Samsung must know about this issue. Regardless I would love to know if this works for others.

NYC-AZ
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm also having the same issues every 10 to 15 minutes Wi-Fi drops and 5G goes on it's getting frustrating. I purchased the note in 20 Ultra and gave my wife the Note 10 plus never had any issues with Note 10 or even the note 9. Kind of frustrating you spend

userQkYuYIQ7ZP
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I am having the same wifi issues on my Note20 Ultra. Wifi will work just fine for 10ish minutes then the exclamation point icon shows up stating that I'm connected but internet may not be available. This only happens on this device as no one else on my network has been having these issues. I've tried factory resetting, forgetting and reconnecting to wifi, and resetting network settings,  clearing system cache and the issue still occurs. 

Very frustrating to be dealing with these issues on a phone this expensive. Is this a hardware issue or a software one? The lack of response is concerning. 

@MrQue 

Teepea313
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Man I'm having the same problems I wasn't get any alerts so I turned off all data and back on then a load of alerts came through. Then it stopped again I don't know how to fix this.
0 Likes
Cheeser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I've been having the same problem with Wifi AND mobile data.  They randomly stop working.  Didn't have this problem with my S10+, still don't, haven't sent it in for trade yet.  This keeps up I'll be sending the note 20 ultra back and keeping my cracked screen s10+.

0 Likes
userOrZrwPtJ5j
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm staying connected, but the speed drops. When I first connect to my wifi I get 500 Mbps on wifi. After a while, I noticed apps taking forever to load internet content. 

I'll do a speed test and my speed is down to <1mbps. 

Turning wifi off and on isn't enough. I have to turn it off for a few minutes then turn it back on to get back up to speed, but every time it eventually slows down. 

I've reset both phone and router. No other device wifi device has had any problems ever with this router, just this phone.

0 Likes