JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 10-12-2020 10:16 AM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
TechRev
Constellation
Options
Note20

I had the issue, but a software update fixed it.

0 Likes
user9bppNzsi1Q
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Which software update was that?

Haven't got any notification on air..

0 Likes
TechRev
Constellation
Options
Note20
N986U1UES1ATI1. dated 9/8
0 Likes
userU9k69KqXNV
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I noticed the wifi issues when using my new note 20 ultra (coming from an LG g7 thinq).

I hoped changing the MAC address type from random to phone would have helped but it did not.  

I followed the below steps (pasted at the end of reply) and then went into settings -> device care -> memory -> and pressed clean now. 

I noticed YouTubemusic and Facebook running in the background even though I do not have accounts for either . I Uninstalled both Facebook and YouTubemusic app.

Wifi has been working for the past 4 hours without any issues.

"I would like to look into this issue for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Does this issue happen when you're connected to other wifi networks?

Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device. "
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I put my phone into safe mode on Friday after seeing this post, and experienced the issue twice over the weekend. The first instance cleared itself while a bug report was being generated. The second instance did not clear until after I generated a bug report and manually cycled wifi.

Is there someone I could send these bug report zip files to?

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

While it sounds like some people have been running into this issue within minutes, for others (like me) it only happens once or twice a day. I'm only bringing that up because it could take a while to manifest.

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I took a software update last night, but since I only run into this issue once or twice a day, I can't say if it changed anything. The release notes say it's just a security update. I'll report back if anything changes.

Before that I was experiencing the issue with N986U1UES1ATI1 (9/21) as well as the build you mentioned.

Edit: My phone is an unlocked SM-N986UZKAXAA running on AT&T's network, so it looks like I'm getting the AT&T updates. Just in case that combo is behaving any different than any other.

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

To follow up, I ran into this issue twice this weekend, so the latest software update hasn't fixed the issue.

0 Likes
TechRev
Constellation
Options
Note20
There were 2 software updates in September. One fixed the wifi issue. Completely stable now.
0 Likes