JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created on: 11/10/20 1:44 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I'm on the latest update, and still experience this issue. (This issue being a strong wifi connection that loses internet connectivity.) I'm getting the AT&T updates to my unlocked Note 20 Ultra.

0 Likes
userD7sDUnw6wJ
Constellation
Options
Note20
I got the same problem with wifi. always freeze and get disconnected
0 Likes
userj299dMYJPc
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This happens on the regular Note 20 as well.  It is so ridiculous that it has been happening since August and it is still happening.  I just bought my phone yesterday and it had an update.  I am an unhappy camper!

0 Likes
CDS98
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Funny how I've never had this problem with my Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I've only had this problem with my Note 20 Ultra. My previous S7 Edge did not, and my Samsung tablet, laptop, and a handful of other devices on the same wifi are not having this problem.

0 Likes
AkivaM
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I just updated to the android 11 beta and it seems to have fixed this problem for my note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
Supacat
Constellation
Options
Note20

@AkivaM I am on beta 2 and it is still happening to me randomly. I thought the beta fixed it too and it was fine for a bit bit came back. I don't want to return the phone but it seems there are no real answers.

What router is everyone using? I am on Google Nest wifi and reading it seems it could be issues with the Note 20 and Google nest wifi. Ugh!

This is referring to the S20 ultra which I believe uses the same chip?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/36142544?hl=en

0 Likes
AkivaM
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Update : the Beta 3 did not fix this problem for me after all. What has made it better is switching to phone Mac and then reserving that particular Mac address for the phone in the Google router settings. It runs slower and drops off once or twice a day. I am curious if this helps any one else.
0 Likes
userdFKQDLFCn1
Constellation
Options
Note20

There is a real problem here that is unique to the new Note 20 Ultra. (And probably the standard models too).

The problem seems to be related to WiFi 6 (5GHz Band). - The workarounds posted here have no impact.

The behaviour is easyly observed when doing an ookla Speedtest. In my case I have 4 AP's around the house and the problem is only shown when I connect to the WiFi 6 enabled TP-Link Archer AX1600 AP. (I have a 115/35 Internet connection). When a speedtest is started initally the downstream speed is around 110Mb/s, and then it rapidly declines to about 80Mb/s, The upstream starts at 35Mb/s and then rapidly declies to about 1Mb/s. 

This looks like the the Phone is thottling back the speed or transmit power to a point where the speed rapidly declines.

I have a Galaxy S20 Ultra and it does not exhibit this issue on WiFi 6.

The Note 20 has no issues on a 2.4GHz band or an 802.11ac Standard 5GHz channel. The problem is only on 801.11.ax channels.

I am a network engineer and have tested this extesivly, with the Galaxy S20 and Note S20 on the same AP's and in the same location.

Hopefully Samsung can fix this soon.

latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

try submitting a ticket to samsung members app.

you can download it from galaxy store or playstore. After you open up the app, click on get help button at bottom, then scroll down for error report.

include ur modem/router model.

0 Likes