JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 07:43 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userXvCwVKTFwi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
FIXED... connect to your 5G wifi..click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed... click on advanced... click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC".

That did for me.
Hope it helps .
0 Likes
userncisuDkCFf
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Here's what worked for me: I went to my wifi connection, clicked the settings icon to the right of the wifi name that I was connected to, select the advanced drop down, then make sure the proxy is set to none.

0 Likes
userwpgYlZA71X
Asteroid
Options
Note20
so I tried something new after reading some similar problems on reddit. I went into my router settings and changed the 5ghz channel from auto to 36 (try a different channel on your router) but so far my wifi has not been dropping. I will keep tabs on this for now but its been going good for about 5 hours now instead of every 10 minutes like before
0 Likes
userwpgYlZA71X
Asteroid
Options
Note20
never mind. wifi dropped after continuous operation for more than 6 hours.
0 Likes
userSNeLVy04lT
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have the same problem. Before the newest system update, the phone dropped Wi-Fi every 3 mins and it said not connected. Now after the update, the wifi connection status is connected all the time but actually it still dropped at the same frequency. Many months passed, Just cannot believe Samsung still can't solve this problem or may be they don't even care. I would give up on Samsung if this continues. It's time to say goodbye after been loyal customers for 5 years 

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Clarification question: Does your wifi connection drop, or does your wifi stay connect, but you lose the internet connection through wifi?

The problem a lot of us are seeing is that we keep a strong wifi connection (according to the signal icon and wifi connection details dialog), but no data is being routed through to the internet.

userlQAfmFobeE
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I am having the problem you describe - wifi connected at full strength always, but nearly every 15 minutes wifi data stops moving entirely until I toggle wifi or airplane mode on/off.

userbA289EDLUH
Constellation
Options
Note20

For what it's worth, this doesn't seem to be exclusive to the note 20. I have an unlocked galaxy a50 and have been having this issue since October...

I had a cheap LG before this, and while its specs were a lot worse, it at least didn't shoot itself in the foot with software issues...

0 Likes
userwpgYlZA71X
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yeah what will happen is that I will be browsing the internet and then when I try to go to a different page or link it won't load and then a ! symbol shows up on the top notification bar next to the wifi signal. the ! symbol lasts for about 30-45 seconds and then reconnects. then it will happen again in another 10 min or so. it didn't happen when I first got the phone, it started about a month and a half ago I guess after a forced update.
userhIrCxOmnTK
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Having this problem as well. Symptoms are exactly the same as what you're describing. Changed to Phone MAC and cleared cache, didn't fix the issue. Hoping Samsung gets wind of this and fixes the issue ASAP.
0 Likes