JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 03:46 AM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userwpgYlZA71X
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 ultra also has issues dropping wifi. Mine drops within 10 minutes of connecting to wifi 5ghz with the ! symbol next to the wifi symbol. I tried all of Samsung's recommended fixes (change to phone mac, use a static IP, etc) and it doesn't work. What I did find however, is when I connect to a VPN (in my case PIA VPN) the wifi does not drop at all and everything works normally. The only thing is that the VPN reduces my internet speed but I can live with it since I am still getting about 60mbps download. Samsung told me to bring the unit to ubreakifix store since its still under warranty. Has anyone done this with positive results? 

0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I'm having the same problem. It started when I installed the new software updates. 

Samsung having to book it with an engineer. I'm really not impressed.

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Note20

what is your carrier and the software version? (its under settings -> about -> software -> last 4 baseband)

thank you

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Note20

what is your carrier and the software version? (its under settings -> about -> software -> last 4 baseband)

thanks

0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

ATJ5

0 Likes
userwpgYlZA71X
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Mine is BTJ8  on Verizon.

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I'm on ATJ4, too, and have had this issue for as long as I've had my phone. Sometimes it's several times a day, sometimes it goes away for a week. That probably has to do with how heavily I'm using the phone.

I think it's an important detail that we get an ! next to the wifi signal status. At least in my case, the signal strength shows a strong. If I go into diagnostics in the Samsung Members app, it tells me that my wifi status is normal and signal strength is very strong (192 Mbs, or something), so technically connected, but not routing traffic to the internet.  I wonder if your VPN software is taking over the part of the network management that is failing normally.

0 Likes
userXvCwVKTFwi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
FIXED... connect to your 5G wifi..click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed... click on advanced... click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC".

That did for me.
Hope it helps .
0 Likes
Alexs1993
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have the note 20 ultra with AT&T and I've noticed that my phone will not download any MMS on wifi. Once I take it off wifi it will download. I have wifi calling enabled. It will do this on both the stock sms app and the google messaging app. I have cleared the cache and data on both apps and it still will not download any mms. Anyone else having this issue? 
ChiefRuby
Asteroid
Options
Note20
yes same issues on S20 ultra
0 Likes